Search for content in message boards

Bird surname

Bird surname

Posted: 22 Aug 2001 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Bird, Jessup,Shideler
I have a book entitled A LOOK BACK- Jessup,Bird,Shideler
by Jean S. Bird which contains a lot of Bird family history.
Will do lookups.

Re: Bird surname

JohnBird (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 9:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Robert,
Does your book have info on Birds from the Midlands (England). My ancestors came from Birmingham (Aston). My grandmother left there for Melbourne Australia in 1919 to settle here.
I would appreciate any info that may be in your book as I have had no luck in finding any ancestral connections.
Regards
John.

Phyllis Bird Kilroy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 2:45PM GMT
Hi Robert, Would your book have any info about Birds of Kings County, Ireland. My g grandparents, John Bird and Sahah Boland Bird were born there, married and had my grandfather, James Bird Feb., 1862. I believe he had at least one brother - John. My father always told us his grandfather or g. grandfather came from a wealthy English family and he fell in love with the Irish maid and was disowned thence moved to Ireland. James married Annie Carroll from County Meath and they eventually came to Newton, Mass in late 1800's. Would love to have mo9re info on family background. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Bob Jessup (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: Bird
Sorry, but my book doesn't have any info back farther than the Bird ancestors in the U.S..

Bob Jessup (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 7:12PM GMT
The Bird ancestors in this book only trace back as far as PA.
They were from Washington County,PA.

Marsha Strong (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2001 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Bird, Black
Thanks for your kind offer!

I am looking for two (or more) brothers, Alexander and John Bird. Alexander was born abot 1810 either in southern NYS or NJ. The first "hard" evidence of him I have is that he, his wife (Rosetta) and one daughter, Sarah, are christened and become members of the First Baptist Church of Springfield, Springfield Center, Otsego Co., NY in 1843. Alexander may also have had a wife named Lucetta or that might just be a bad spelling of Rosetta. Alexander Bird died on 18 Apr 1885 in Toddsville, Otsego Co., NY at age 74 years, 10 months, 1 day.

John Bird was born abt. 1805 in Sussex Co., NJ. father unknown, mother listed as "Jane Black"

Would you have any information on either of these two men?

Marsha Strong, cmstrong@ourpostbox.com

Robert Jessup (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2001 3:17AM GMT
To: Marsha Strong, ref your message of 1 Sep 2001.

Sorry, but the names you listed do not appear in this book.
Hope you get this message as I couldn't access your complete query for some reason.

Good luck,
Bob jessup

Tanya Dawson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2001 12:49PM GMT
I was wondering where your book covers the area of.
My Bird ancestors are from Ontario, Canada as far back as the very early 1800's.
Can you help? Thanks.

Bob Jessup (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 2:41AM GMT
Sorry, but none of the Bird Families in this book trace back to Canada.

Good luck in your searches.

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: Bird, Breeden, Cole, Forbes
Do you have anything on John and Mary (Waller) Bird, parents of Christina Bird who married Briant Breeden? Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic