Search for content in message boards

Web Site View Issues

Web Site View Issues

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 11:42PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
I am having issues viewing my tree on this site. It was fine until the 1940 censur came across. Has anyone else had this problem? Tech Support couldn't tell me what the problem was. I have attached a picture of what my screen looks like. I am using Internet Explorer 8. My dad is also having the same issue on a different computer.
Thank you for your help.
Attachments:

Re: Web Site View Issues

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 3:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Becky -

Just a guess here, but it looks like the CSS file for the page is not loading completely (or possibly not at all).

One possible way to correct this (and I know regular readers of these boards will recognize this advice and either smile knowingly or groan in dismay) is to clear your browser cache and reload the page.

If you need help in doing so, please contact our support team again - they can walk you through the process.

Regards,

Jim

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 4:03PM GMT
Thank you Jim, but I have tried that and it didn't seem to work. Tech support sent me Optimizing your Ancestry.com Experience and I went through the whole check list and I am still having the same issue. Any other suppestions I can try?
thank you for your help.

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 4:58PM GMT
Does this only affect the Family view of the tree, or all pages on Ancestry? The message boards are apparently working for you, so I am assuming that it is not all pages...

I assume you have tried CTRL+F5, which forces a refresh from the server? That should force the browser to request the new CSS files from Ancestry.

The browser should update files from Ancestry automatically, but there are browser settings that will force the files to be updated.

1.Go to Tools
2.Select Internet Options.
3.Under the General tab, there should be an section for Browsing History or Temporary Internet files.
4.Click on Settings button in this section.
5.There should be a section for "Check for newer versions of stored pages"
6.Select "Every visit to the page."
7.Click OK/Apply to close the dialog(s)

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 5:49PM GMT
Becky,

Have you tried using a different browser? Firefox or Chrome, for example, but there are several others.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions