Search for content in message boards

Charles Anderson and family

Charles Anderson and family

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 5:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anderson, Mosley
Hello. I'm looking for information about my 3rd great grandfather Charles Anderson and his family. I don't much about him...nothing about his parents and/or siblings. What I do know is that he was born abt. 1811 in NC. He married Milly Sarah Mosley (she is sometimes referred to as Sarah, Milly, or M.S. and is the daughter of Daniel Mosley and Nancy Corder)<---I was told that Mrs. Sarah Anderson is Milly S. Anderson (went by middle name on 1850 census). I believe that he died prior to 1880 (probably in Williamson County). His wife is listed as a widow in the 1880 census. Listed in Williamson County 1840, 1850, 1855, 1860, 1865
Can anyone help me?

Re: Charles Anderson and family

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 3:12AM GMT
I have about 80 plus Wms. Co., Ill. genealogy books but your family didn't leave much in the way of records. I didn't locate them in the cemetery books that I have. I did find one thing so far.

Attila:
Mac Anderson was taken to Marion last week by his brothers, Frank & John, Tom Enoch and W.R. Welborn. He was adjudged insane and taken to Anna by, accompanied by his brother John and Tom Enoch.

The Egyptian Press, 6 May 1897.

If you want to send me more info. on Charles and Milly Anderson's children I'll keep on looking for more.

Patricia
patriciastaley4722@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 3:20AM GMT
John Marshal Anderson 27 Oct 1855 Wms. Co., Ill.-31 Aug 1922 Marion, Ill. Wife Lucy. Buried Pleasant Grove Cem.

James Anderson 14 Feb 1863 Ill.-18 Jun 1937 Summit, Ohio. Wife Ida.

Patricia

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 3:42AM GMT
There is a Mack Anderson who died 24 Mar 1925 Herrin, Ill.

Patricia

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 10:11PM GMT
Thanks! Charles is one of my brick walls. I can't seem to figure him out (when died, where, ancestors, etc). This info might be of help. Thanks again.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson Fuller
If this board is still active I have a thought/question about his wife or wives. I have a Charles Anderson in my tree born 1810 NC married Sarah Fuller first, daughter of Isham Fuller from Smith Co Tn. They had 3-5 children. 2 that moved to smith Co Tn and 1 that I can't find in census records but is mentioned in smith co tn probate records as son of mrs Sarah Anderson formerly Sarah Fuller. His name is Thomas A Anderson. Henry J Anderson and Susy (Susan) E. Anderson are in smith county Tn 1860 census with their grandfather Isham. Susan E. Anderson (1st marriage Gill) (2nd marriage Hankins) death certificate lists Charlie Anderson as father and Sarah Fuller as mother. Also lists her birthplace at Illinois. If you look at Charles Anderson in 1840, 1850, & 1860 censuses, there are Smith Co Tn Fuller Families and Caplinger Families as close neighbors. I feel like Sarah Fuller died and Charles Anderson married Milly after 1850 but before 1860.
Any thoughts? I have more information if anyone is interested. Kati

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 2:33AM GMT
One more thing. There is a marriage record for Charles Anderson & Milly S. Pritchett in 1854 williamson Co Illinois. Makes sense to me that this is his second marriage.
Go to the link:
http://williamson.illinoisgenweb.org/mgb-P.html

per page

Find a board about a specific topic