Search for content in message boards

This is HORRIBLE !!!!

This is HORRIBLE !!!!

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 1:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
PLEASE tell me this is a mistake and not on purpose?

PLEASE fix this and go back to the previous format!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Re: This is HORRIBLE !!!!

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 3:39PM GMT
Use the "Feedback" button on the upper right of the person profile screen to send in comments.

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 3:57PM GMT
All the feedback button did for me was ask one question. Actually, I went over the entire site and found no way to send an email. They want you to call them. The message boards are the best place to do this, apparently.

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 4:02PM GMT
Below the question is a field to add comments- click into that field and start typing :)

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 4:29PM GMT
Yes, I did put some comments in there. I think the single question format was not very helpful in eliciting meaningful responses. But maybe the Zen approach gets the best feedback for them. Let's assume they want to go the complex route to better assess this information and are not just taking this lightly (which is what the failure to provide a multi-question survey indicates to me, a former beta tester and user-interface tester).

Re: This is HORRIBLE / PLEASE SEE "Does anybody at Ancestry"

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 4:33PM GMT
All:

I have started a thread asking an Ancestry.com customer service representative to come on the board and answer questions. Please participate over there if you have questions to add. Thanks,

Carol Shepherd

Feedback survey for new profile format

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 5:19PM GMT
I left a post on the improvement board saying this is NOT an improvement and it's been removed.

See attachment for how to let Ancestry know how you feel about this new Profile formatting change. The "Send Feedback" link actually takes you to a survey asking how you feel about the new changes with multiple choice answers plus a field to add something in your own words. However, you can only take the survey once! So let them know how strongly you really feel about this. ;)
Attachments:

Re: Feedback survey for new profile format

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 6:04PM GMT
I realize you think this is horrible and a big mistake, BUT could you tell us what the mistake is.

I just went on Ancestry and did not see any thing that is different. What was different can be attributed to me doing my periodic cookie deletion. But as I reestablish them I see nothing different but a few ads.

Re: Feedback survey for new profile format

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 6:08PM GMT
KeithNuttle

See attached 2 screenshots. I had left a window open when I hibernated my system last night.

With calendar is the old style
Missing calendar is the new - shudder - style
Attachments:

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 6:41PM GMT
A user on another thread got a response:

> Here is the e mail I got from Jen Hodnett just now. Suggest
> sending e mail about this.
>
>> We updated the style of the person overview page and we’re
>> reviewing feedback.
>>
>> Thanks for making sure we’re aware.
>>
>>
>> Jen
>
> Her e mail is jhodnett@ancestry.com
>

Cheers, Carol Shepherd
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions