Search for content in message boards

Walter Powell

Walter Powell

david baker (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2004 5:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am after any information about my gggrandfather, Walter Frederick David Taylor Powell who was born 1831 in Clarefield Oxfordshire, and my ggggrandfather, Walter Posthumous Powell whose occupation was clergyman possibly in Clarefield Oxfordshire. Any information about them or advice on where to find it would be great.

Re: Walter Powell

Posted: 2 Jun 2009 12:02PM GMT
Walter Taylor David Powell, (I have not heard of the 'Frederick') my great grandfather came to Australia in 1852 for the gold rush. (His father was definitely, Walter Posthumous Powell) He returned to England but came back to Australia in 1854. After a rather eventful life, he died in Brisbane, Queensland on 23 December 1906. I have a fairly extensive history of his life here in Queensland if you are interested. I am interested in finding out more about his siblings, so if you have any information I'd be grateful.

Kind regards
Lionel Powell

Posted: 3 Jun 2009 10:32PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: POWELL
WALTER DAVID TAYLER POWELL
BORN 25 MAR 1831
BAPTISED 15 SEP 1831 Clanfield, Oxford

Father: WALTER POORTHOMAS POWELL
Mother: MATILDA PALA

Posted: 3 Jun 2009 10:39PM GMT
Classification: Census
Name: Walter P Powell
A CLERK
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1806 NOT BORN IN COUNTY

Civil parish: Whalley, CLITHEROE
Hundred: Blackburn (Higher Division)
County/Island: Lancashire
+
Name: Matilda P Powell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1811 NOT BORN IN COUNTY
+
Name: Walter D T Powell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1831 NOT BORN IN COUNTY
+
Name: George M T Powell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1833 NOT BORN IN COUNTY
+
Name: William I T Powell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1836 BORN IN COUNTY
+
Name: Evan B S Powell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1837 BORN IN COUNTY
+
Name: Matilda P Powell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1841 BORN IN COUNTY

Posted: 3 Jun 2009 10:46PM GMT
Classification: Census
Name: Evan B S Powell
A MASTER MARINER
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1837
Relation: Lodger
Where born: Clitheroe, Lancashire, England
Civil parish: St James Clerkenwell
Ecclesiastical parish: St Mark
County/Island: London

Posted: 3 Jun 2009 10:57PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: POWELL, PARLA, PERLA
MATILDA PRUDENCE POWELL
BAPTISED 1 SEPT 1841 ST MARY, CLITHEROE

Father: WALTER POSTHUMUS POWELL
Mother: MATILDA PARLA

+
EVAN BAYLIES SKEELER POWELL
BORN 31 JUL 1836
BAPTISED 01 OCT 1836 Clitheroe

WALTER POWELL & MATILDA PERLA

WILLIAM JAMES THOMAS POWELL
09 JUN 1835
01 OCT 1836 Clitheroe

WALTER POWELL & MATILDA PERLA

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 9:38AM GMT
Hi
my name is Henry Powell and live in West Sussex, your gggrandfather had 5 brothers and sisters , Walter went to Australia, the only other brother to have male children was James Howel Bevan Powell (born in India 28 Sep 1846)who died in 1929 in Monmouthshire. He had a son named Cecil Arthur Powell whom in turn had a son named Henry James Cecil Powell who then had me in 1947. I have two daughters aged 21 and 23.
If you need it I have the history covering Walter Posthumous Powell (He was the Archdeacon of Madras in Indiaborn 1807 dies july 1853. His fathers family and grandparents are all buried in the chuch at Llangatock Vibon Avel near Monmouth and we have a verified family tree going back to Maenarch, Prince of Brecknock at the time of the invasion of Britain by the normans .I have a large painted portait of Walter Posthumous passed down from my grandfather.
please let me know what information you would like
Henry Cecil Stephen Powell

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 10:01AM GMT
Hi Lionel
my name is Henry Cecil Stephen Powell and are the ggson of James Howell Bevan Powell who was your grandfather Walters brother. Water Posthumous Powell was the Archdeacon of Madras in India and had 6 children , Walter went to Australia,George,David and Matilda had no children,Evan had a daughter and James Howell Bevan had 3 children, my gradad Cecil Arthur, Walter who died aged 2 and Mary Perla who also had a daughter. My grandad had 1 son Henry James Cecil who then had me in 1947. I have two daughters aged 21 and 23.
I have the verified family tree dating back to Norman times 1066 when your ancestor was Maenarch Prince of Brecknock. I also have a painted portait of Walter Posthumous .
Most of the family are buried in a crypt in the church at Llangattock-Vibon-Avel in Monmouthshire. The family is completly traced back till it became split by your grandfather going to Australia. We are the only Welsh side left but you are all direct descendants in an unbroken male line for over 900 years from Maenarch, Prince of Brecknock and Lord of Brecon.
if you wish any information please contact me on hcspowell@aol.com
It is greatr to find that we still have relatives.
regards
Henry Cecil Stephen Powell

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 8:11AM GMT
Surnames: Walter Powell
Hello Lionel,
Walter Powell was my gggrandfather, I would love to have any information you have on him. I have the life history stuff found on the central Queensland wiki.
Thanks

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 8:13AM GMT
Hello,
I am the ggggraddaughter of Walter Powell and I would love the information you have on Walter Posthumous Powell. Can you please email me at juliecorey@aapt.net.au.
Thanks
Julie Moss
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions