Search for content in message boards

birt/brown marriage

birt/brown marriage

sandra patteron (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2005 6:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Aug 2008 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: birt/brown
I'm looking for the marriage of a Margaret Veroniquy Birt, born Wales, (Pontypridd) Nov. 16, 1905. She immigrated to Canada in 1928 and lived with a Albert Edward & Grace Laura Newman untill after 1937. She married a Joseph Harold Brown, (not sure of the date, but would definitely be after 1937) She died February 12, 1960, in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. At the time of her death she and her husband were living at 778 Broadview Ave, Apt. 2B.

Sandra Patterson.

Re: birt/brown marriage

Lorelei (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2005 1:42AM GMT
Suggest you try http:thestar.pagesofthepast.ca/
our local Toronto Star Newspaper to see if they placed
a notice of their marr. in the newspaper.
Otherwise you are out of luck because only the govt.
has this inform. and they will only release this if you are a
child of the marriage.

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 1:16AM GMT
Just read your post about Veronique Birt living with Albert Edward and Grace Laura Newman in Toronto. Did you know that this is the Bert "Red" Newman star of the musical comedy troop "the Dumbells". Canada's first international stars of the stage. My grandmother was a first cousin of Grace Newman nee Davis. Although her husband was touring for most of the 1920's and 30's they kept a house in Toronto where Grace stayed while Bert was on the road. Later, they also had a hotel at Wasaga Beach.

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Newman
Hi there.

Yes, Red Newman was my father. I have alot of material on him.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions