Search for content in message boards

John V. Horton

John V. Horton

Posted: 6 Dec 2000 3:58AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 10:39AM GMT
Looking for the father of John VanWey Horton b. 2MAY 1816 Lodi, Seneca Co. NY. His mother was Sarah Dense VanWey. He migrated through Ohio, IL, MO to Texas and his family went to Oklahoma and Arkansas.

Ok\Tx Hortons

Ross Horton (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2000 3:08PM GMT
Hello there. I myself am looking for a Robert Benson Horton (or his father, Bill) born on Dec.22,1891 to Bill and Thelma Horton. Bill (possibly William) is my great-grandfather and was a cattle drover. That's about all we know.
Because of the nature of his(Bill's)work, my grandfather's (Robert) birthplace is unknown, but it is rumored to be either La.,Ms.,or Tx. However, I have not ruled out other states. I am looking to establish a link with an older
branch of the Hortons, so if you think there is a possible link here, please reply. I'm not supertitious, but the hair on the back of my neck inexplicably raised when I read your post...:)
Maybe Bill is one of John's children? Caddo was where my Aunts and Uncles were born, but my father was born in Oklahoma City and later after Mawmaw and Robert were divorced, she moved to Texas.
Fingers crossed, Ross Horton.

William Benson Horton

Posted: 14 Dec 2000 10:58AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 10:39AM GMT
Sorry, I don't know of any direct links. However, I will go through my Horton notes and see if any of your info might fit in. My Hortons are from my mom's side of the family. Our Hortons migrated from NY to Ohio through Mo then to Ark, TX, and Oklahoma. They were mostly in the Red River County area of Texas but did move around a bit. If you have any specific info on your Horton's Texas areas, let me know and I will look especially close there. You can e-mail me anytime at jgb@alltel.net

Robert Benson Horton

Ross (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2000 1:19PM GMT
Thanks Judy! All that branch of the Horton clan
came from southeast Tx. starting in Orange,Tx.
and then fanning out to Houston, Dallas, and Austin.
The cousins are distributed throughout Oklahoma starting
in Caddo, then to Oklahoma City and beyond.
Many thanks; who knows, maybe we have a link further back.
Ross Horton.

Walter Yancy Horton

Posted: 7 Jan 2001 1:27PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2003 8:19PM GMT
Judy,
Walter Yancy Horton, my GGF b. 1879, went from Texas to OK in 1903, and I can't find a trace of him. Please let me know if you find anything on this name. Thanks!

Re: Robert Benson Horton

Posted: 18 Jun 2005 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
My ggrandfather came to Tx from Ark and finally settled in Durant, Okla. He was born in ther 1860s and we think he was Sam Brown Horton.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions