Search for content in message boards

How do I EMAIL ancestry?

How do I EMAIL ancestry?

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 8:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Help! can't seem to email ancestry anymore?? Am i trying too hard - is the link right under my nose??

Re: How do I EMAIL ancestry?

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 8:52PM GMT
Bottom right: Send Feedback.

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 12:22AM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2012 12:24AM GMT
support@ancestry.com or ancestrysupport@custhelp.com

Both of these give you the options to attach a screenshot or other attachement, which the "send feedback" link does not permit.

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 1:13AM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2012 1:18AM GMT
The two email addresses you provided are no longer on any help page or KB article that I can find on the Ancestry Help link. Do we know for sure that they are still monitored?

The Contact Us link only shows phone numbers! http://c.ancestry.com/Affiliate/Knowledgebase/contact/contac...

Edit
Searching for "support@ancestry.com" does bring up this page about submitting feedback. http://ancestry.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/970/kw/...
But searching for ancestrysupport@custhelp.com finds no entry.

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 1:26AM GMT
I will ENDEAVOR not to take offense at your comments - but you don't make it easy. Perhaps your intent is innocuous, but I have my doubts. If your intent IS indeed innocuous, my apologies, but you might want to reconsider how you word your messages.

Since I receive replies from corporate/support when I email issues to those addresses - recently within the past week before you ask - I KNOW these addresses are monitored.

IS THAT SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR YOU?

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 1:43AM GMT
Just because they don't appear on Help Pages or KB pages doesn't mean they aren't still active e-mail addresses.

Of course, you could send to them and see if they bounce.

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 2:49AM GMT
IS THAT SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR YOU?

Yes, no offense was intended.

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 7:39PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2012 7:41PM GMT
To me, the point of this is that it's not easy to make contact in the way that people are used to making contact, on other websites..... If I run a website I want people to be able to contact me in any manner they choose. The Wall Street Journal also gets $30/mo from me, and a live person answers my email in two days. I am a pretty experienced user, but I have to say I do not find navigating Ancestry very intuitive. Things I can pretty much zero in on on other sites are not where I expect, or I just can't find them.

...I realize that's a very generalized comment with no helpful examples. I *am* going to start using "Send Feedback" to make suggestions.

Cheers,

Carol Shepherd

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 2:54AM GMT
I asked ACOM about the email support addresses missing from the "Contact Us" page. Their reply was:

Thank you for contacting Ancestry.com regarding email inquiries to Ancestry.com.

We do still have email support, however we have taken away the link to email us from the website. We would prefer that you call in. Many times this makes the issue much simpler to resolve as we can help you directly. If you would like to continue emailing in your questions you can send them into support@ancestry.com.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this message or contact us by phone at 1-800-ANCESTRY (1-800-262-3787) from 10am to 10pm EST, Monday through Sunday.

Best regards,

Brady
Customer Solutions Associate
Ancestry.com
http://ancestry.custhelp.com/

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 11:38AM GMT
I have to say in my experience it has been better to call Ancestry vs email them, and I'm a person who generally would rather use email than phone calls for most things.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions