Search for content in message boards

Williamson Family Tree

Williamson Family Tree

Posted: 22 Mar 2012 10:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williamson
Hello..my name is Wendy and I have my own tree on Ancestry. I have been sorting thru many,many papers I have gathered and found a family tree that was in my step fathers possession and found it after he died. It is beautifully hand written..and titled "Williamson-Four generations of Williamson Family from 1744-1908-One Hundred and sixty four years." I am trying to find someone who is doing genealogy that this belongs to. It starts with a Robert Williamson baptised June 22, 1744-Married Mary. They had a lot of children, Mary died and he married Ester Barlow...skipping thru several pages...Eli Howard Williamson, son of Joseph and Martha, born Nov. 28, 1840-Married Jane E. Hunt Born June 9th, 1842-date of marriage April 9th, 1863...Eli died May 28th, 1928. I am hoping this rings a bell for someone and perhaps you can direct me to someone I can send this to. There is an emormous amount of information. It is sad when I find these papers and photos and I know there is someone out there that they belong to. Sincerely, Wendy Deakins

Re: Williamson Family Tree

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 8:32PM GMT
Wendy, It would be a shame to loose that data on family. If no one claims this heritage I would recommend contacting the Willimason County Historical Society Museum. Info as follows.
105 S. VanBuren St.
Marion, Illinois 62959
618-997-5863
Bet they would be thrilled to have the information and it would still be available to those seeking it. Just a thought.

Sam Lattuca

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 8:58PM GMT
The Family name is Williamson...would that still be the same thing? I think I have a "copy" of the document here...I tried to scan the original but it is on dark green faded paper and did not scan well...If I can find it I will scan it and send it to everyone that replies as well just so someone connected to the family has it. It ia a treasure. I figured out that the reason I have it is because my step dads mother was a Joslyn and one of the Joslyns married a Williamson. Thanks for your help..Sincerely, Wendy

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 10:19PM GMT
You might try posting this in the surname board. This is the Williamson County, Illinois board.

Posted: 14 Apr 2012 2:26AM GMT
Oh my Gosh! I did not realize it...I did add it to the Surname Board..have no idea how I got it here...Thank you sooo much...Wendy

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 2:18PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 12 Dec 2012 8:33AM GMT

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 4:57PM GMT
Yes there was a Thomas Williamson. I have his basic info on my tree (Watson family tree). Edith Dorothea Hornell was my mother's grandmother. I don't have much info other than he was from Lancashire England.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 8:31PM GMT
My name is Derrick Williamson. I recently started looking into my family also and saw your post on Ancestory.com. So I thought I would see if your any relation to me. My dad's name is Warren Floyd Williamson Jr. My grandpa was Sr. and my grandma was Delores Mae Strong. Also my great grandpa was Adam Williamson and my great grandma was Anne (Ralston). My great grandparents had 14 kids. As far as I know we are all from Ohio area, but not for sure of my great grandpa Adam. My grandpa Warren Sr. has a sister named Lucille. I do not know the other 13 names of his siblings and am trying to find this info out. Her married name may be Gram but not for sure. I have three aunts: Carolyn Mae Williamson Wilcox, Vicki Williamson King and Annie Williamson Ireton. This is all the information I have so if any of this sounds familiar to you feel free to email me back.dwilliamson10@yahoo.com

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 8:39PM GMT
hi Im Derrick Williamson and would love to see it dwilliamson10@yahoo.com

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 1:36PM GMT
Surnames: Williamson
Hi Derrick...I have since packed up the Williamson papers I found. I thought I had scanned them but cannot find them on my computer. None of the names you mentioned sound familiar but as soon as I get back into the boxes I will scan them and send you a copy. It may be a few months but there are some other people that want them as well so I need to find them..Sincerely, Wendy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions