Search for content in message boards

Davis of Indian Blood

Davis of Indian Blood

Rhonda (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis
OK! does anyone have a Matthew Davis that marries a Indian woman and had a daughter Martha Agnes Davis born NC about 1795 I have been in contact with the Indian Bureau of Affairs this has been a long hard hall and nobody else seems to want to figure out how to get there certificate of blood line (Genealogist) anyway but I have all the info and will coach anyone who is trying! NEED some info on this line and can help anyone from this line also, You know you dont have to be a certain degree to qualifie just a direct line! it is alot easier that I had anticipated!!!!!

Re: Davis of Indian Blood

BJ Allred (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2001 3:29AM GMT
Hi I am a Davis descendant from Ashe County, NC. I bet you are looking for a Sizemore daughter. I do have some info on the Davis line and some on Sizemores. Can you fill me in a little better on your Davis's? I live in Boise, Idaho. But I went to NC about a year ago and I also bought the book:
Ashe Co. Heritage - North Carolina 1799 - 1984.
It has ton's of families in it. Davis has allot of pages and I will hve to read each page.
BJ Allred - email me direct: bjallred@uswest.net

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2001 11:38AM GMT
I am also of Indian blood line and am looking for my gr.gr.grandmother that was born Addie and is listed as Addie Davis. Full blooded Indian under the minor, at one year old. I am trying to find out who her parents were. My Aunts are telling me that her mother died giving birth to her. Do you have any info. on that if so I would like to have that info. if possible because that is were I can go no further. I do know that a Davis family raised her but do not know if she was a Davis to begin with. Her birthday is supposedly 11 June 1899. Any info. you may have would be greatly appreciated. Please e.mail me with anything if you have that info. Thank you

BJ Allred (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2001 5:11PM GMT
Is this family in Ashe Co, NC? Do you know the Davis family names that raised her? Bettina

Posted: 2 Nov 2001 1:36AM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2003 6:47PM GMT
Hi!
I've been hunting for a Joshua Davis who married a "Anna"____? Both born N.C. Married somewhere in Tennessee and had a daughter Jane in Tennessee. From there they went on to Jackson County, Alabama, and raised 6 more children. Been ddown there 8 times cannot find their graves. Joshua born 1812, "Anna" (could be Susanna, Rosanna, etc). She was born 1807. ANY HELP would be appreciated, been over 5 years in the hunting.

Thanks,
VMC

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2001 2:54AM GMT
No I do not I do know that she married a Posey first name Erbie. She was born 11 June 1899 and he was born 1 Jan 1900 in Tennessee. They had two children Luther and Maybell. Maybell died in the mid to late 1990's Erbie passed in 1994 Addie died in Alabama in the 1980,s. Addie married Lee Mitchell and had 4 children William,Velma,Rosie,and Louise. Addie also married a Taylor, Fletcher, and Brown which she died as. She was also married to a man they called Hambone. Does this help any?

kimball davis (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2001 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: townsend /davis/ robinson
I also of cherokee mother born oaklahoma hazel tonsend/
married kimball davis jr of nh portsmouth.his mother is a marstine nh

Cathye Hendrix (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2001 5:25AM GMT
Surnames: Davis Proctor Shankle Hasting
Hi,

I have information about the William Davis family who settled in Jackson County, Alabama. I am willing to share any information I have.

Thanks,

Cathye Hendrix

Posted: 4 Nov 2001 5:12AM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2003 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: Davis or Mashburn/ or Sanders
Cathy,
Thanks for replying. Yes I am very much interested, as I'm hunting for the parents, or siblings of Joshua Davis, and "Anna" of NC.1812.
If they run into ours, will share you, will be glad to.

There was a William Davis in Jackson County, Alabama, that married Mary Ann (Progue) Black. Not sure it was Mary through, too late to figure. Ha.
V. "Marie" (Sanders) Cody

Cathye Hendris (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2001 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Proctor, Pogue, Black
Hi,

William Davis and Mary Ann Pogue Black were my 5th great grandparents. I checked and I don't have a Joshua Davis as their son. But, that doesn't mean he wasn't. It just means that I haven't found it yet.

I do have the descendants of William Davis and Mary Ann Pogue Black if you would like them. Just let me know.

Cathye
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions