Search for content in message boards

McDaniels, McDaniel, Daniels or Daniel

McDaniels, McDaniel, Daniels or Daniel

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 12:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDaniels or McDaniel
This is a difficult part of my family to research. I am a McDaniels, as is my father and his father. My grandfather is Thomas L from Selma, NC (now residing in Elizabeth City). As I have started to research this line I am finding that they have somehow lost the "s" or the "Mc". Sometimes i might just put McDaniels and it may end up being McDaniel or Daniel. My great grandfather was William R McDaniels b.1880 d. 1962 and married Anna Pierce. His father (my grandfather says) was Willis "Mac" McDaniels b. 1821 d. 1889 and was married to Nancy "Caroline" Rains b.1836 d.1904. I have found Willie or Willis in Sampson, or Wayne and Carolina in Pikeville and Johnston. Along with William thier other child were (names might be a little shifty) Senia, Henry, Jo, Octavia "Francis", Claudia "Jane or Ellen", Mattie, Bettie, and Hattie. If anyone has any infomation on my Willis or Willie "Mac" McDaniels (his last night in whatever form it really was) or Nancy "Caroline" Rains, please let me know! I am stuck on this part and would appreciate any help!

Leslie N McDaniels
Grifton, North Carolina

Re: McDaniels, McDaniel, Daniels or Daniel

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 4:12PM GMT
I’m not related to any member of this family.

1940 is the last available census at this time.

REMEMBER -
Census takers were hired for their ability to write or print and not necessarily spell correctly.

North Carolina, Death Certificates, 1909-1975
about William R Mcdaniels
Name: William R Mcdaniels
Race: White
Birth Date: 6 Feb 1880
Birth Place: North Carolina
Death Date: 8 Feb 1962
Death Location: Micro, Johnston
Spouse's Name: Anna Pearce Mcdaniels
Father's Name: Willis Mcdaniels
Mother's name: Caroline Rains
Residence: Micro, Johnston, North Carolina

Need 1st names + DOB's + birthplaces for Willis & Caroline.

You wrote - "(his last night in whatever form it really was) or Nancy "Caroline" Rains". WHAT do you mean by "his last night"????

Where [city/state] did Nancy "Caroline" [Rains] McDaniel/Daniel/Daniels die in 1904?????
She should appear in the 1900 census.

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 6:03AM GMT
I ment his last name in whatever form, i just wasnt able to find much on willis i did find a willis w a mother named edna but had not been able to connect it

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: McDaniels
As far as I can tell, they all were born and or died in or around Selma , JOhnson county, NC. The Williams R is my grandfathers father. The info I am looking for is on Willis, Williams R's father. Willis was born in 1825 and died in 1889 he was married to Carolina Rains born 1844 and died 1904. I have some info on her parents but trying to trace his. Thanks for any help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic