Search for content in message boards

MACLEOD

MACLEOD

Margaret Dowling (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MACLEOD, MACIVER
Duncan MacLEOD 1766-1857,Carloway, Isle of Lewis ( son of Donald MacLEOD born 1730 & Janet MacLEOD), married Mary MacIVER 1771-1853.
Children: Duncan; John; Donald 1801-49 marr Margaret MacLEOD; Alexander 1803-75 marr Isabella MacLEOD; Malcolm 1811-67 marr Marion MacLEOD; Mary; Angus; Jessie 1817-1891 marr Kenneth MORRISON.
Donald, Alexander, Malcolm & Jessie all lived in Bayble, IOL
Any one else connected to this family?

Clan MacLeod and Genealogy

Purdy McLeod (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Macleod
All MacLeods and septs of Macleod, both Harris and Lewis branches, can access the MacLeod site at the URL shown for information about the world-wide Societies and can printout application forms for membership.

I am searching for Angus MacLeod and wife Nancy McKutcheon(?) who migrated from Skye about 1800. They had 3 sons: Alexander, who died in Camden District in 1824, leaving a wife and 5 children, and Norman and Daniel.

Alexander is my line and I sure would like to get back across the pond to find the place of birth.Will willingly share my Alexander information.

Angus MacLeod

Purdy McLeod (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Melissa,

Can we get together on Angus and children of he and Nancy McKutcheon-Alexander, Daniel and Norman?

MCLEOD,Angus

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McLeod, McInnis, McDonald, McDaniels, McCaskill, Morrison
The names and events sound all too familiar. I had many Angus' in my family lines. As far as I know my line came into NC in 1807 and then went south to Camden, Kershaw District, SC. My ggggrandfather died there. Some of the family settled there and others moved on.

Posted: 1 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 5:08AM GMT
Surnames: MacInnes
I have noticed that you list the name McInnis, my Mother was a MacInnes who was born in Stornoway, but her Father and other relations came from Uig, some from Bernera. I would be interested to know where your McInnis came from.

Possible link to Margaret MacDonald...

Timothy C. Allen (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MacDonald
Margaret,

I am currently seeking the e-mail address of a Catherine MacIver, who I believe is related as a cousin to my mother via their mothers. As I understand it, my mother's, mother (Margaret MacDonald, later married to Thomas Cliff) was the daughter of a couple that had what we in American would consider strange marriage, or at least the story goes. We were told that the man's name was MacDonald, the bride's maiden name was MacDonald, the preacher's name was MacDonald, and both witnesses were MacDonald.

In any event, I am trying to seek out Catherine MacIver because we exchanged communications at one time, and then I lost her address. I think she lives on Great Bernera on a street called Crior, but that's all I have for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tim Allen

McAskill/MacAskill

Evelyn Hlabse (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McAskill
I am looking for a Julia McAskill - I'm not sure of the spelling. She was married to John Williams and they had the following children that I know of

Finlay - he was born on September 7, 1910 - I think in Portsmouth, England
Peter
Archibald
Angus
Donald

There may also have been a sister.
Posted: 5 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2002 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: Mcleod, Morigeau
The mcleod of dunvagen castle had children John, angus, Donald, sister said to have gone to australia and formed the Mcleod Sheep company. this was taken from a book from one of my cousins. I do not have the book just some copies of pages. the history of My donald comes from tabacco plains country history.

Donald Mcleod of dunvagen castle

Posted: 5 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2002 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: McLeod
Donald Angus McLeod born ca 1815 isle of skye Scotland died in lake county Montana 1901
Looking for his father mother in scotland migrated in about 1825 to30 hudson bay company trader ?

Re: MacInnes

David (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2001 1:35PM GMT
Surnames: MacInnes, MacLennan
Hi, i also have MacInnes on skye. Mine are mainly from Kylerhea and Rhunacaillich. Please inform me if you need any help
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions