Search for content in message boards

Sarah Cooper's Ancestors

Sarah Cooper's Ancestors

Posted: 22 Jan 2003 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bursey,Martin,Cooper,Fagner,Steele
Can anyone help with any information on Sarah Cooper born abt.1816 in Lower Island Cove.
I have 2 of them listed:

1. Sarah Cooper b.Jan 22,1816 married to Charles Bursey,b.abt 1812.

2. Sarah Cooper b. abt 1816, married to James Martin, b.1792.
Trying to determine if William Cooper,b. 1785 LIC is the father of 1 or 2.

Sarah 1 is my g grandmother and Sarah 2 is my gg grandmother.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, John Maxwell

Re: Sarah Cooper's Ancestors

Susan Goodchild (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 12:33AM GMT
Hi Jim: My late brother, Weldon Cooper, did extensive research on the Cooper's of Grates Cove and LIC. I would be more than happy to forward this information to you. My late father was a Cooper from Grates Cove

Susan Goodchild (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 12:37AM GMT
Hi Again - sorry I should have typed John and not Jim.

Posted: 23 Jan 2003 1:22AM GMT
Hi Sue,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon.
Sorry to hear about your brother Weldon.
Any info you have would be very welcome.
You can contact me direct if you like.
My email address is jmaxwell@bellsouth.net

Thanks so much, John

Posted: 14 Jan 2004 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: Coopers
My grandfather was Absolom cooper married (Lily) Sarah Bryant from Hickmans Hr.,Newfoundland ,had 8 children,Julia,Emily,Margart,Absolom,Walter(Wally),Jessica,and twins Dave and Lily. Lily died in 1949,my mother was Julie who married Peter Robertson in Sydney,Nova Scotia. If this helps you my e-mail address is nancyelijia@aol.com,hope this helps.C

Posted: 14 Jan 2004 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: Coopers
My grandfather was Absolom Cooper from Bluff Head, Newfoundland,married (Lily) Sarah Bryant from Hickmans Hr.,Children wereJulia, Emily, Marart, Absolom ,Walter(Wally),Jessica,And twins Dave and Lily. Lily died in 1949,my mother Julia married Peter Robertson from Sydney,N.S. ,They had 10 chilren, hope this helps my e-mail is nancyelijia@aol.com

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Power
Hi! I was wondering if you could forward me this information to me too? My mother was a Cooper and I having been researching for 10+ years but I keep hitting brick walls. The furthest that I have is my gggrandfather: James Cooper (b. 1844 or 1843?, Trinty) who married Catherine Power (b. 1854, Trinity). They lived, married and raised their family in St.John's, NL. Any information would be greatly appreciated! I have been unable to find birth/baptism records for each of these two... and would love to know their parents names. Please help!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic