Search for content in message boards

Harvard Myrle Brown/Francene Strumph

Harvard Myrle Brown/Francene Strumph

Charlene Atkinson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2002 4:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Strumph, Brown
Looking for any info on either of these folks, they were married 12/23/1950. Both from Portland I think. My maiden name was Brown and a Harvard Myrle Brown was listed on my birth certificate as father but Francene was not my Mom. Never have met him but trying to see if he is the one, my search indicates he died in 1990 but if any Strumph family is still around I like to hear from thm. Thanks for any help!!!

Re: Harvard Myrle Brown/Francene Strumph

Posted: 25 Nov 2002 3:01PM GMT
My biological father's family name was Strumph. He had a sister who married (Jack) Brown. Could there possibly be a connection?

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: strumph,brown
I suppose there could be a connection, I never met my Dad and so I;m piecing stuff together too. Possibly he had a brother named Jack? I know his wife was Francene Strumph and her parents were Samuel Strumph and Wynona Wescott. His parents were Myrle Brown and Eunice Tinker. You see, my Mom is not Francene, I believe he was seeing my Mom on the side so thats why I don't know more than this and it took my 10 years to find it!! They were all from Maine except Samuel who was born in New York. After much searching I was able to get a copy of their marriage license and it has all this info on it. Please let me know if you come across anything that connects you, them, us or whatever!! Charlene

Re: Samuel Strumph

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 3:27AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2010 10:27AM GMT
I do know a Samuel Strumph from New York. Do you know where in NY he lived? His date of birth? The Samuel Strumph I know died quite a few years ago.

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 3:45AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2010 10:27AM GMT
Surnames: strumph
According to the marriage license I have Samuel Strumph was born in Brooklyn NY but I don't have a birth or death date for him. I can tell you his son, my dad, was born in 1921 and died in 1990 so Samuel's dates are earlier than that. Charlene

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 4:06AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2010 10:28AM GMT
Sorry, but it does not sound like we are talking about the same person. The Samuel Strumph I am referring to was born around 1911. Did you check the Social Security website? I remember seeing another Samuel Strumph who was older than mine. Perhaps, he is the one you are looking for.

Berni (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2003 6:05AM GMT
Francene Shirley Strumph was my mother. Harvard was my father. I was born 1951. I thought Mom had told me he had two children before me. Are you one of them?

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 8:06PM GMT
HI, no I'm not one before you, I'm one after you in 1956. This is all very strange and I'd like to share what I have with you. Please email me direct at msbrown1@worldnet.att.net and I'll reply asap as I'm very excited! I can't tell from your name if you are male or female, but we may be 1/2 siblings.
Charlene

Berni (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2003 4:41AM GMT
My computer was just taking way too long to bring up the "reply" screen. I'll get your e-mail address off from here and get back to you.
Well, hello, "little sis"! Nana (Wynona) called all her girls "sister", and for whatever reason (because I don't really recall hearing Mom use that expression) my baby sister has always called me that...
It's killing me to tell you that Mom had a picture of Harvard, and I've seen it, but I don't know where it is now.
My oldest daughter has done some tracing back. She says so far the trail for her has ended in the same place.
Mom passed along some stories. I will share them with you later. Well, I want to get back and try to reach you the other way.
I'm interested in finding more of the Strumphs. There are heritage issues I'd like to check on. Scary though, that it is...

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Brown
Hope that you're still doing your research, because I'm definitely the biological daughter of Harvard Myrle Brown and Gladys Burby Iwas born Nov14th,1941
Please reply Sandra E
Tomwait36@Bellsouth.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions