Search for content in message boards

DeHay and Butler

DeHay and Butler

Posted: 16 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2006 11:45PM GMT
Surnames: DeHay, Butler, Carroll, Cockfield, Lindsey, Hamilton, Boutan, Winter, McCants, Mittles, Droze, Rourke, Ulmer, Wiggins, Foxworth

I am researching for the parents and sibling of James
L. DeHay born 1797 in S.C. Married Martha Harrison
ca. 1820-21. Their children were:
1.Sarah Jane DeHay b. 1822. Married Joseph Butler.
2.Wm. Harrison DeHay b.1824. Married Rebecca Musgrove.
3.Eliz. Lindsey DeHay b.1827.
4.Rachell Ann DeHay b.1829.
5.Rebecca Jane DeHay b.1832.
6.Zachariah A. DeHay b.1838. Married Rebecca McDonald.
7.Arnel James H.DeHay b.1841.
8.Harvey DeHay b.1843.
9.Thomas Brooks DeHay b.1844.Married Amanda Simmons.
Other DeHay names are: Andrew, Adam,John.Zachariah H.,
Wm.Lindsey,Zachariah James,Estelle Josephine,Robert
Hamilton,Arthur Hamilton,Simmons Manning,Joseph
Cain,Mary Winter,Robert Edward,Grover Cleveland,Marion
Alma,Sarah Anna,Richard,Furman, Clayton,Annie,Gussie
Young,Sadie Margaret,Rutledge Goodwin,James
Rutledge,Robert James,John Wayne.Dawn Lynn,Rutledge
Wm.,Brian,Erin,Middleton,Bettie,Benj.,Jane,Robert
Benj.,Proctor Sherwood,Savannah,Mary,and many more.

Hamilton/Williamsburgh District, SC

Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton, McCants, Flynn
Margaret Hamilton has a will in the Williamsburg abstracts which mentions her sisters, Jane Cockfield, Sarah McCants, Martha Hamilton, Elenor Flynn, and brothers Robert Hamilton and William Hamilton. Date should be early 1800's, as Jane Cockfield was b. 1782, and d. 1838.
Do you have any connection to this Robert or William?

Wiggins Surname

Charlotte Beck (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggins
Berkley County SC. My Mother's father's family came from Bonneau SC. I'm researching any and all Wiggins family members. The family moved to Pitt County NC and I know my Great Grandfather John Wiggins (married to Mealie Fornes) was located in Pitt County. His mother was full blooded indian - not sure which tribe, checking on that also. Any information concerning would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Charlotte Beck

Other DeHay names

Alicia Dennis (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dennis, DeHay, Hyrne, Ayres, Wienges, Weeks, Jones, McCants
I have some information on Arthur Hamilton DeHay (Nov 17, 1857-June 25, 1931). He is the son of Sarah Ann(Anna) McCants DeHay and Robert H DeHay.

Sarah Ann McCants DeHay (1816-1888) is the daughter of Thomas McCants and Martha Hamilton. Sarah's first husband was my gr,gr,gr grandfather; William J Dennis (1802-April 19, 1854).

Sarah is buried in Mt Olivet Cemetary; Cross, SC (Berkeley County)
Arthur Hamilton and Robert H. are buried at St John's Parrish; Pinopolis, SC. A few of Arthur Hamilton's children are buried at St John's. I am pretty sure his wife is buried there as well, next to many other DeHays.

Hamilton/Wiggins

Posted: 22 Dec 2002 3:01AM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2004 3:24PM GMT
searching for a connection to the Hamiltons that were in the Liberty/Marion/Dillon Co., of SC in the very late 1700s and into the 1800s. John, William, Francis & wife, Lydia, and David.
My only known WIGGINS was came along later. Mattie/Martha Elizabeth b/1870. She m/Evandore/Evandar HAMILTON b/1866. She had a brother & possibly father, Henry.
Any assistance appreciated.
Audrey

Re: Hamilton/Wiggins

Debby Seabrook (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2002 7:40PM GMT
You might want to check the interfacing with Henry Seabrookwho married an Eliz. Henry born1785 d.1846

Re: Wiggins Surname

Vicky Pack (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2003 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Wadford, Pack, Harris
I have only a crumb to toss you hope it helps. A Martha Wiggins Howard married a John Wadford from St. Stephens, Berkeley Co. S.C. They had five children Janie Lee Wadford born 5 Jul 1906, Lottie, John C. Wadford born 19 Mar 1915, Pauline & Daisy. Wish I had more information to give you.

Re: Wiggins Wadford Surnames

Betty W. Delk (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2003 8:09PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggins Wadford Orvin Shuler Moody Weatherford Windham
Martha Wiggins Wadford and John Monroe Wadford Sr. were my Great Grandparents. They lived in St. Stephen, Berkeley County, SC. Martha Wiggins Wadford had a total of nine children. Names of children are John Monroe Jr., David, Willie, Lottie Mae, Janie Lee, Oliv, Pauline, Annie, Daisey.
I do not have in my records a John C. Wadford born March 19, 1915 as being a child of Martha WIggins Wadford. I do not have in my records Martha name being Howard? I do have in my records her daughter, Lottie Mae Wadford married into the Howard family. Is Janie Lee Pack Spruell in your family tree?

Re: Wiggins Surname

Lana (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2004 11:53PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggins Cheek
I am looking for John Wiggins who married a full blooded Indian and they lived around Eldorado, Illinois at one point in their lives. They had a daughter named Ella eho married a Cheek. There was some other siblings for Ella. Thank you, Lana

Re: Wiggins Wadford Surnames

Vicky Pack (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2004 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: Pack, Wadford, Floyd, Matthews & Filyaws
Yes Janie Lee Wadford married Henry Pack first and was the grandmother of my husband James D. Pack. Do you know anything about Henry Pack? He was born about 1901 in St. Stephens, he used to live at R.R. Box 33, Bonneau, S.C.At least that is what I have, his mother was Sarah Harris daughter of Noah Harris, who later married a Burrell. I can find nothing on her first husband Henry Pack, Sr. Jim never knew anything about this sideof his family. All I can find is Henry Pack Jr. died 5 Dec. 1939 and his father Henry Pack died shortly after he was born.
Can you help?
Thank you,
Vicky
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions