Search for content in message boards

SPIRES in OHIO

SPIRES in OHIO

Jo Plinsky (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2000 6:59PM GMT
I would like information on Richard Spires. England descent. Served under George Washington 3 yrs. Residence at Brown Co. Ohio. Married Rebecca Gentle in Md. Other spellings Spyers, Spyres, Spiers, and Spires. Please contact me.

Spires In Ohio

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 7:42PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2003 6:25PM GMT
Dear Jo
Hi
I am descended from John Spires (-Richards brother) who married Mary Hinton-Richard and John also lived in Indiana County PA for a time (Richard moved on to Brown Co. Ohio John and Wife Mary stayed and are buried in Indiana Co/ PA-my line is thru Johns son -Hinton Spires(1808-1881) who later moved to Gallia and Meigs County Ohio-(there is a large branch of the family located in those countys)so far I haven't found any definite information of John and Richards parents-but am still looking when I get a chance-Let me know if there are any questions I can help you with -will do my best to see if I can point you in the right direction.
Tom Cooper
coopertlc@hotmail.com

Spires in Ohio-Tom Cooper

Jo Plinsky (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 8:48PM GMT
I was so excited to get your e-mail. This is the first time that I have tried to get such information. I have a typed copy of the Richard Spires "Will" dated May 1, 1838 and a report extracted from the Official Roster of Soldiers of the American Revolution and I typed this information for you because it lists the children and wife and everyting but when I tried to e-mail it to you it did not go through. I used coopertic@hotmail.com
Please let me know if you are at all interested. Thanks for sharing

Jo Plinsky
I personally have gone back counting myself as 7 generations.

Spires in Ohio-Tom Cooper

Jo Plinsky (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 9:07PM GMT
I was so excited to get your e-mail. This is the first time that I have tried to get such information. I have a typed copy of the Richard Spires "Will" dated May 1, 1838 and a report extracted from the Official Roster of Soldiers of the American Revolution and I typed this information for you because it lists the children and wife and everyting but when I tried to e-mail it to you it did not go through. I used coopertic@hotmail.com
Please let me know if you are at all interested. Thanks for sharing

Jo Plinsky
I personally have gone back counting myself as 7 generations.

Richard Spires will

Joyce Dean (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 6:29PM GMT
Jo, I am descended from John Spires and Mary Hinton. My line is: John Spires, John Spires Phoebe McCumber,John W.SpiresMelissa Harmon, Edward Spires Malissa White, Esther Spires Stephen Queen. I have been searching for parents of Richard and John for a long time. I would love to have a copy of the will if you wouldn't mind.
If you happen to find any info on the parentage please keep me in mind. Any help appreciated.
Joyce

Richard Spires

Joyce Dean (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 8:42PM GMT
Please send me your mailing address. I don't have a scanner to send it through e-mail. I will xerox it off and mail it to you along with anything else that I have. Thanks for your interest.
Jo Plinsky

Richard's will

Posted: 7 Dec 2000 5:11AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2002 10:21AM GMT
Hello, Jo, I'm descended from Richard's brother, John. John Spires-Mary Hinton, Johathon Spires-Phoebe McCumber, William Spires-Eliza Jane Skinner, Joseph Spires-Nettie Harrison, Clyde Spires (my grandfather). I would love to have a copy of the will, if you wouldn't mind....thanks, if I can help with my line, I am willing. My email is asls1112@juno.com

Re: Spires in Ohio-Tom Cooper

Shirley Slayton McKnight (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2002 1:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I'm intested in a copy of Richard Spires will or any other information you can share. I am a decendant of Richard's brother John Spires who married Mary Hinton. My mother was a Spires, her parents were Clyde and Sadie Spires. Could you e-mail at smckn@bellsouth.com

Posted: 15 Mar 2003 9:51AM GMT
Surnames: Spires
Hi Jo, I am Dan Henry from Calif. I am descended from Richard Spires through his son Henry & through Henry's daughter Mary who married 1st a George Drum & was widowed & then married my 2X great grandfather Louis Sanger. I am very interested in a copy of Richard's will & any other info you may have regarding this line. You are welcome to email me direct at: H31gainf@aol.com. I would be most appreciative.
Thank you,
Dan Henry

Charlene King (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2005 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: Spires
I am Charlene King, Granddaughter of Daniel Frederick Spires who is the son of Lindsey Spires and Phebe Askins. Lindsey Spires is the son of Henry and Rhoda Spires and Henry Spires is the son of Richard Spires and Rebecca Gentle. I understand that Richard Spires and his brother, John Spires, fought in the Revolutionary War.

I have a Granddaughter who desires to join the DAR and would love to have any names, information, and documents about Richard Spires and his siblings you are willing to share.

Lindsey Spires died or was killed when Daniel Frederick Spires was a small child, probably still a baby. I believe that Phebe was very young and could not take care of herself and her child Daniel Frederick, so he, Daniel Frederick Spires, lived with another family.

The 1870 census shows Lindsey Spires, age 17, living at home with his father Henry Spires, age 63, and his mother Rhoda, age 64, together with five more people.

The 1880 census shows William Long, age 27 and Ida, his wife, age 26, with their son, William R. age 1, and living with them is their nephew, Daniel Spires, age 3. I can only guess that Ida is either a Spires or an Askins and am only trying to piece this all together. This coincides with the story that his father died when he was very young and he lived with a family as told by Daniel Frederick Spires to our family as it came down to me.

Thank you for any information you are willing to share.

My email address is: cheking@cswnet.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions