Search for content in message boards

griffin surname north carolina

griffin surname north carolina

doris g mckesson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 3:23PM GMT
I am searching for fathers relatives his name was clarence eugene griffin he was born in edenton north carolina in chowan county (we think) his parents were william and sarah whitman griffin we know he did have brothers and sisters but do not know names my dad was born june 6 1888. we know that he had a neice that lived in cincinnati, ohio her name is maude shepherd we have contact with her in years . we donot know if she is still living or if she had any children would appreciate any help . he also mentioned attending a primary school by the name of loggins primary. we are african americans. thank you for any information may God Bless

griffin

Martha J. Griffin-jones (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 6:03PM GMT
My 4th or 5th grandpa came from north carolina and he was a william griffin
I`m not to sure about all of his name or any of the other william griffins but I can send you a copy of what I do have.
We are indian and white decent but at this point nothing can surprizeme.
One Griffin was just William,William Dabbs griffin and there are others but You would have to look at my charts to see if there is a connection.martha

griffin

martha j griffin-jones (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 10:38AM GMT
martha so glad to get your reply i would love to have copies of whatever you have e mail me your address and I will send you a self addressed postage paid envelope thanks so very much I am excitedly waing for your answer doris griffin mckesson 509 rocky ford street morganton north carolina 28655 thanks again and GOD BLESS

griffin

martha j griffin-jones (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 10:39AM GMT
martha so glad to get your reply i would love to have copies of whatever you have e mail me your address and I will send you a self addressed postage paid envelope thanks so very much I am excitedly waing for your answer doris griffin mckesson 509 rocky ford street morganton north carolina 28655 thanks again and GOD BLESS

griffin

doris mckesson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 10:44AM GMT
to martha j griffin-jones so very glad to hear from you I would love to have copies of any and everything that you have email me your address and I will send you a postage paid self addressed envelope I am anxiously awaiting your reply thank you so much and GOD BLESS

Griffins

Doris griffin McKesson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 12:57PM GMT
My address is Martha J. Jones
930 S.college Ave.
Fayetteville, AR. 72701
Look forward to hering from you. Martha jean

Doris and Martha......

Rory Morris (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 8:04AM GMT
I am also looking for Griffins from North Carolina.... The name I have is Pearline Griffin, She married an Eli Rachels from North Carolina....... Any information would be greatly appreciated.........Email me or write to Rory Morris.... rt1 Box 1392.... Cameron, Oklahoma..... 74932...... Thanx in advance......Rory

griffin

doris g mckesson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 1:26PM GMT
to rory morris I am sorry I do not have any other information except what I posted if you have any type of information pictures,charts etc let me know and I willsend you a self addressed stamped envelope to send the inf to me hope to hear from you soon thanks and GOD BLESS! doris

to Doris

Rory Morris (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 1:50PM GMT
I'm sorry Doris.... That is the only name I have for Griffin.... The only other thing I know is she married Eli Rachels from North Carolina....... Sorry I couldn't help.....

Griffin

Jeannette (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 11:46AM GMT
God works in mysterious ways. I just returned from our family reunion. I have done so much research over the last year. The pieces are starting to fall in place. My family includes Griffins from MS. I have been told that they were from NC. I have just started to look for Griffins from NC. Whether we're related or not, I'm so excited to see other Africian American searching for their family history. The age of your relative ties with the ages of my Great Grand parents. We are a large family and my grandmother remember so much about her maternal and paternal parents and grand parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions