Search for content in message boards

Ship Northbrook 1879

Ship Northbrook 1879

Posted: 22 Sep 2004 3:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2005 5:40AM GMT
I am researching my family. My G/grandfather arrived in Sydney Australia on the Vessel Northbrook from Donegal
in 1879. Does any one know if I can get a photo of this ship?
Thanks
Peter O'Donnell

Re: Ship Northbrook 1879

Posted: 22 May 2012 7:46PM GMT
i have just been looking for a picture of northbrook myself because my ancestors also sailed to australia on it in august 1879. i looked at various sites but i found one when i googled "northbrook ship" then i found a site called "wrecksite" and there is a photo.Hopefully that is the right one but if not you could always contact the "maritime museum".

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 10:07PM GMT

Try this google: Ships Images - Northbrook.
Two items come up. Click item at top of the list: (Research Guide G3 etc)
Go to search at top of page.
Type in Northbrook. - click arrow.
Click first email coloured blue.
Shows Northbrook sailing ship.

Go back to beginning again and bring the two items up.
I tried the second one and it didn't come up, which is a great pity because I think it is a photo dated 1874.
...When I clicked it, I was returned to the page showing the ships in alphabetical order.

So I clicked Picture Library, just above the list, and it says that the Picture Library is closed between 1 - 5 June, so perhaps this stops me seeing the photo. Or maybe I am doing something wrong.

Maybe one of you can get it to come up - I couldn't!

Brian.

Posted: 6 Feb 2014 7:35AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Hello Brian, some of my family were passengers on the Northbrook in 1879 (one died on passage). This book might be of interest to you. I have it but have not read it. From memory it is more of a story from the Master's perspective and less of a history, but did talk about taking passengers to Australia. Other than a drawing on the cover I'm not sure if it has any pictures. I will have a look later. Hopefully you've found one already. cheers, John

TitleThree ships came sailing /​ Arthur H. Noble.
AuthorNoble, Arthur Henry.
PublishedLondon : Hutchinson, 1956.
Physical Description224 p., [6] leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
SubjectsBedford (Sailing ship)
Pleiades (Sailing ship)
Northbrook (Sailing ship)
Seafaring life.
Sailing ships.

Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions