Search for content in message boards

Parrish Family

Parrish Family

Posted: 7 Dec 2004 5:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parrish
I am trying to research my family history.
So, I will try to organize this query logically.

I am Kit Parrish (b-06/08/1942-San Francisco, CA.) born of Christopher L. Parrish (b-March 1917 in Great Falls Montana) and Helen Elizabeth (Beth) Williams (b-6/30/1918 in Sisseton, South Dakota).

My paternal Grandfather was Dillard L. Parrish and my paternal grandmother was Charity Grace Lowe.

Dillard was born of Edmund Kepper (Kipper) Parrish (b-1/17/1826, Shelby County IN. d-6-30-1914) and Nancy Swinford.

Edmund Kipper was born of Edmund Parrish (b-1783 in Madison County KY.) and Martha Floyd.

Edmund (above) was born of William Parrish (b-12/7/1750 in Bedford County VA) and Patty Goode (b-1752)

William was born of Alexander Parrish (b-1718) and Jane Chatto and they were married 2/1/1737 in Baltimore Maryland.

I have NO information on other children of anyone so any help would be greatly appreciated and also verification of this attempt would also be appreciated.

Re: Parrish Family

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 7:21PM GMT
I too am researching my family history. None of the names you've listed are familar to me. However, my father's family was from Baltimore, MD.

My father William Thomas Parrish (DOB: 11/23/1927) is the son of William Earl Parrish (DOB: 10/16/1895). William Earl is the son of William Thomas Parrish (DOB unknown).

Posted: 30 Apr 2005 2:20AM GMT
hi kit
i am also a decendant of Alexander Parrish and Jane Chatto. They had a son named Little Berry This is where my line starts. I would be very grateful if you can share any info on Alexander or Jane I have not been able to find any thing except what you have on them.
you can e mail me at marie_smith75@yahoo.com
Thank you
Dawn Smith

Posted: 3 Mar 2008 7:48PM GMT
Hello Kit,
I know this is 4 years later but I just saw your query. Nancy Swinford was a sister to my ggrandmother, Jemima Andrews married William P Andrews who I believe was the son of Levi Anders (Andrews) and Louisa Parrish. My grandfather was named Ollie Kipper Andrews. If you are still looking please get in touch.

Diane Andrews Morris

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 3:25PM GMT
kit,

my family is from indiana and i have some pics of the shelby county parish'parrish's would love to hear from you and see if we can find a conection you can email me direct at parish_parrish_family@hotmail.com

dana

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 3:51PM GMT
I tried to reply to the address given but got back "invalid address" Here is my message:
My great-great grandfather was Edmund Parrish and of him, I know “Edmond Parrish as marrying twice. "He was a great hunter and woodsman. He and his family came overland from Kentucky, driving a team composed of a horse and an ox, and located in Hendricks Twp. Later, they moved to Shelby Twp, in section 36, and were among the very first settlers. Farmers of that section at that time hauled their grain overland to Cincinnati, Ohio, and while on one of these trips he was run over by a wagon and died.

The wife kept her little brood together until they grew up. There were six children, as follows:

Lear, married twice, first to a Mr. Campbell, and later to Martin Stephens; one daughter of the second marriage, Kate Harris

Levi, farmer and drayman at Shelbyville, married and died in

1907;

William, a soldier of the Mexican war and a farmer, married four

times and was the father of five children;

My Great-grandfather: Edmund Kipper Parrish, known as "Kip", drove an ox team in 1849, through to California, he still resides. He married, first Nancy Swinford, who became the mother of five children:

John W., a farmer and contractor and later a builder of railroads, died in Shelby Co;

Theodore, of Frankfort, IN, married Salle Stephens; and the following children were born to them: Harriet, deceased; Sarah, deceased; John B., teacher, Charles and Allen, North Vernon, Indiana; Cora, Alfred and Lettie; James F.

Of my Great Grandfather-Edmund Kipper Parrish, I know:

The Shelbyville Democrat

July 1, 1914

EDMUND KIPPER PARRISH

----------

Edmund Kipper Parrish, 89 years old, one of the well known and highly respected aged residents of the city, died at four-fifteen o'clock yesterday afternoon at the home of Samuel Bray, 728 south West Street where he had been making his home for the last several months, from a complication of diseases incident to old age.

Deceased had been in failing health for some time and for the last few weeks his condition had become such that the attending physician, relatives and friends realized that the end could not be far away.

Mr. Parrish was a native of Shelby county and he had spent all of his life here. He followed the vocation of a farmer and thru his square dealing with his fellowmen and by honest toil he was able to accumulate a nice competency, which he has used to keep him during his declining years.

The only surviving relatives are three children, Mrs. Mary Lee and Martin Parrish, Kokomo; and Dillard Parrish, Tudor, Canada.

My Grandfather was Dillard Parrish 19 December 1899 in Addison, IL. At the time of his father (Edmund Kipper’s) Dillard lived in Tudor, Alberta, Canada and had a cattle ranch there. Later he moved with his family to Mount Saint Helens (Near Portland) Oregon. My Father was Christopher Parrish who was born in Great Falls, Montana on 2 March, 1917.

Posted: 13 Apr 2008 4:57PM GMT
my grgr aaron parish was born in bogstown indiana (shelby county) i believe his father was john parrish/parish.

aaron's son was john h parish his son was russelle parish (knox county indiana) his son was russelle parish jr (knox county indiana) and then me dana parish (knox county indiana.

thats a small draft u can email @ wegehoft@hotmail.com direct i have ssome pics of some of the shelby county parish's that i got on the net.

dana

Posted: 30 May 2009 8:35PM GMT
I'm also looking for info on the Parrishes in Indiana. My husbands gggrandfather Thomas Jefferson Parrish was born in Shelby, Indiana, in 1848. I was wondering if he was related to anyone in your tree. His father was Lee Parrish and he was born in NC but I don't have much family info. Thanks, Carol

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 4:28PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2012 4:59PM GMT
My Great grandmother was Bertha (Parrish) Phillips of Vincennes, Knox County Indiana. Her dad was Aaron (b. 1858), and his dad was John (b. 1838). If you have any info, pictures, etc. please contact

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 10:06PM GMT
Kit,

I know your family line into Shelby County, IN from Madison County, KY. I am wondering if you have any documentation of William Par(r)ish's father being Alexander Parish, who married Jane Chatto in Baltimore County, MD?

Thanks,
Edgar L. Parrish
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions