Search for content in message boards

reeves

reeves

carl herring (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2000 9:55PM GMT
My great grand father was named Elton Reeves. He had 2 brothers Berny and Thornton. His fathers name was Lincoln T. Reeves.He was named after Abraham Lincoln whom his father was close to. They are from Illinois but later moved to Citronelle Alabama. I am looking for any more information . Thanks

Reeves Family

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 10:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 5:31AM GMT
Your ggggrandfather is Owen Thornton Reeves and
is also my wifes ggrandfather.Please e-mail me
at rstuder@pacifier.com as I have more info.
Randy

Fred Reeves

Kelsey (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 4:56PM GMT
Anywhere near Perry Co? I am looking for information on a Frederick Reeves son of Hardin H Reeves and Sarah Perkins. He apparently married my Great grandmother in Baxter Co. Arkansas in 1907 and we don't know what happened to him after that. She married again in 1910

Re: Fred Reeves

Posted: 2 Apr 2002 4:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Sep 2002 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: Reeves/Perkins
Hi, Just read all your messages about Frederick A. Reeves. He was the older brother of Allen Albert Reeves, my husbands grandfather. Allen moved to Pontotoc and McClain Counties, OK, died in 1947, and is buried in Sunny Lane Cemetery, Oklahoma City. He probably lived in OKC, too. My husband doesn't know much about his Reeves family - he was raised by maternal grandparents. I don't know where Fred went, but I might be able to find out. My husbands elderly aunt is still living. I'll ask and get back to you. Since you knew about Hardin and Sarah [Perkins] Reeves, would you also have their parents? They were both born c1824, TN. I have no idea where in TN they were from. Thanks for any help. Joyce House-Reeves Oklahoma City, OK

Posted: 2 Nov 2002 12:38AM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2004 5:21AM GMT
Surnames: Reeves Youngblood
Hi, I am looking for the Reeves family of my Ruth Ann Reeves (Youngblood) She was born in TN. Lived in MO. and died in ARK. Her father may be Allen Reeves. this is all I have at this time on her ancestry. She married Doctor Franklin Youngblood. Any further info on your Reeves may be helpfull. Thank yhou Christie

Posted: 2 Nov 2002 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2004 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Reeves, Youngblood, Bradley
I can't find my notebook with Allen's childrens names, but I don't believe he would be Ruth's father. Allen was born in Perry Co IL and moved from there to AR. His children were all born in AR, as far as I know. What counties are you searching in? I have Youngblood relation who were in Boone Co AR - my gr grandfathers 1st cousin, Nancy Marinda [Bradley] Thomas md James Youngblood sometime in 1860's or 1870's. Sorry I can't be of help on this one.
Joyce

Re: Youngblood/Bradley

Christie Brocksmith (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2002 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: Youngblood/Bradley
That is interesting. I too have a Youngblood/Bradley marrage. My James Youngblood born abt 1740 married Mary Polly Bradley. they had a grandson also named James Youngblood. prob. no connection. Thanks anyway.

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 5:04AM GMT
Surnames: Bradly/Youngblood
Yes, that is very interesting. There might be a connection -- stranger things have happened !! What state were your Mary/Polly Bradley and James Youngblood in? Our Bradley's (those in AR) came out of VA, to NC, to SC, to NC, to GA, to AR. (That's three or four generations, rather than just one.) I'm not sure about the Youngblood family. I've never tried to research any of them. Do you know Mary/Polly's father's name?
Joyce

Christie Brocksmith (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2002 8:21AM GMT
Surnames: Youngblood/Bradley
Joyce, I did some research in my files and found your Great grandfathers cousin Nancy Marinda Bradley. Here is how we are connected.
My James Youngblood and wife Mary Polly BRADLEY are the great grandparents to James Monroe Youngblood who married Nancy Marinda T. B. He was her second husband. It seems they have both been married a few times. I beleive James was married to an Elizabeth Sharp in 1846. Then may have married after Nancy's passing to a Cooper. He had with Nancy at least one child that I am aware of.: W.G. Youngblood, born 1873 AK. who married Camile E. (lizzy)Sipe. You can find this info and ancestry.com and familysearch.org. As for the BRADLEY connection, Nancy's father is Asa Bradley from NC, my Mary Polly Bradley is from Johnston NC. Familys often intermarried from generations to generation. I wouldnt be supprized if Mary is an aunt or distant cousin to Nancy.
Your James Youngblood and my D.F. Youngblood (who married Ruth Ann Reeves) were first cousins.
I have a complete file on the Youngblood family and many of the wives as well. This is on my mothers fathers side. Connecting to my Youngbloods I have the surname HOUSE. Marquerite House daughter of Adam house born 1754 Jefferson MO. Married Anne Wheat.
Well I hope I didnt over load you. email me if you want further info.
Christie
cblou@iglide.net

Posted: 10 Nov 2002 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Youngblood/Bradley/Crowder
Hi Christie,
That is amazing !! I don't know how, or even IF, the Bradley's are connected. So far as I can tell from the census and other records, Asa Bradley, Jr. didn't have a sister named Mary. I have never found any of our Bradley's in Johnston Co NC. They were in Randolph, Buncombe, Macon and Yancey Counties, as well as Old Pendlton Dist., SC. Asa Bradley's father was another Asa, and he married Frances Crowder. Some of her family was in Johnston County I believe. Her grandfather, I think it was. She was born in VA, probably Lunenburg Co. I believe her parents were Jeremiah and Martha [?] Crowder who lived in Guilford Co NC when Jeremiah died (will dated 1795). Thank you for all the new information. I appreciate it !! Maybe we should move over to the Bradley or Youngblood forum ????
Joyce
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions