Old search

Old search

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 5:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Has old search been discontinued?
Posted: 5 Dec 2012 7:40AM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2012 6:32PM GMT
No, I was using it a little earlier. The system, however, will try to force you into New Search. To get back, go to the "search" tab on the menu bar above, and click "search all records." On that page, there is a very small link in the upper right, just below the menu bar, that says "go to old search." Click that, and you're back in Old Search. Do that as often as you find yourself in the New Search mode.

Re: Old search

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 5:40PM GMT
Posted: 5 Dec 2012 10:29PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2012 10:32PM GMT
Thanks for the responses. After submitting my query, I found the "old search" button. Then I found your responses - on the board with CURRENT comments. I submitted my query on a Ancestry Site Comments board where the newest query was dated 30 Sep 2012. I thought that was a large gap with no submissions. So it appears my comp has 2 Ancestry Site Comments boards. I'm thinking this is because of my new computer, unless someone else has a guess.

Re: Mystery

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 8:38PM GMT
I need to visit these boards more often...

I prefer to search with "old search" only because I get better results with less cosmetics...

I bookmarked special boards of interest in "old search" view... but noticed when I went back to a certain bookmark, it took me to the new search... ?? I didn't ask for that...

As long as I can find the "old search" button I'm okay... just don't get rid of it!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic