Search for content in message boards

Johnsons in Leeds, Yorkshire,UK

Johnsons in Leeds, Yorkshire,UK

Posted: 27 Nov 2002 5:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson
trying to find out about my family i know my greatgrandad is called frank who i think had 8 kids three of which called arthur,frank (frankie), minnie (min)

Re: Johnsons in Leeds, Yorkshire,UK

Posted: 27 Nov 2002 7:43PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2003 11:41AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson Thompson Kershaw
Please email me, I am looking for Johnsons in Yorkshire in probably the same areas as you. We could share notes maybe.

My great grandmother was called Anne and her dad was called Harry.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Rachel

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 11:12PM GMT
Sounds like our family. did your grandfather have his own paint and decorating company.If so my father worked for him for awhile.

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 9:08AM GMT
Hi Yes thats right he was a painter and decorator with his brother i believe (Well according to my dad) Whats your fathers name?

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 5:35PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 9 Sep 2013 8:14PM GMT

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 7:03PM GMT
Bit confused here my grandad was Arthur he had 2 kids David (my dad) and Pamela. He had a painting and decorating business with his brother Frank or frankie. Not sure it's the same one?

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 10:48PM GMT
That's so funny that two brothers with the same name had a paint and decorating business and lived in Leeds. Not heard the names Pamela or David.Think we are all confused now. Oh well cant be the same family.Thanks for answering my mail.

Posted: 19 Nov 2013 4:22PM GMT
Hi Johnsons from Leeds, Yorkshire.
My great grandparents, George Johnson and Julia Ann Sullivan moved from Kent to Yorkshire between the 1871 1nd 1881 censuses. They moved with 10 of their 11 children the eldest, Charlotte, my grandmother, was already employed and remained in Kent. Some of their children were: Jane, Matilda, Hester, George, John, Samuel, Alice, Julia-that is all I can remember for the moment. Are you researching any of these children?

Posted: 20 Nov 2013 7:57PM GMT
I don't think there is a link to my family but you never know. Grandfather was called Arthur and Grandmother was called Mahala they lived in Leeds and also lived in a small town called Ravensthorpe. My farther was called Philip. I do know that Arthur brother called Frank had about 8 kids but don't know any of there names. This would be in the 1930 round about.The names you state don't ring any bells.
Good luck with searching i have fond that there is a lot of Johnson in Leeds.

Brenda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions