Search for content in message boards

Southern Maryland Beans

Southern Maryland Beans

Posted: 12 Aug 2002 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Sep 2005 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: Stone, Bean, Sheehan, Greenwell
(St. Mary's County). Does this ring a bell with anybody?While going through my Grandmother's possessions, I came across two items which may help me work backward. First was a newspaper clipping which is titled,"Dr. and Mrs. P. Bean Married 55 years"- it goes onto to describe Dr. and Mrs.Philip J. Bean's celebration of their wedding anniversary. They lived in Great Mills in St. Mary's County. Does this ring a bell with anybody?

Second, I found a hand-written piece of paper in my Grandmother's handwriting which lists the children and grandchildren of William Bean and Emma Hogg

Re: Southern Maryland Beans

Posted: 12 Aug 2002 9:42PM GMT
Philip J. Bean was a well known physician in St. Mary's County. There is a medical building in Hollywood, MD, named in his honor, which contains photo memorabilia of Dr. Bean.

I resided in So. MD. until recently and have been attended by the medical staff at this facility. My Bean relatives were from DC. I do not believe they are connected to the So. MD. line.

Posted: 1 Feb 2003 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: Beans,Stintsman,Appleton,Skill
The Bean family came from Montgomery County,Pa. and were of German Decent.
Wilson Bean is prominant member of that family. Some of the B E A N family lived in Bucks county Pa. ,but the B E A N S family of Bucks county were of Scotch background.

s rush (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 10:16PM GMT
my grandmother katie white married a robert joseph bean in 1906 or 1097 and they lived in washington, d.c. she came from ireland when she was just a young girl and married a william m. white and he died shortly after their child was born, my father. her second marriage to mr bean but we do not have any additional information on this mr. bean

Posted: 1 Jul 2008 4:58PM GMT
I lived in St. Mary's County as a child and went to Great Mills High School. Dr. Bean was everyone's doctor in my mother's generation. I heard his name frequently and once was treated by him.

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 3:25AM GMT
L remember Dr. Bean I used to go there to his old office he was also the doctor who delivered me
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions