Search for content in message boards

William Devenport

William Devenport

Judy (Filson) Bates (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Devenport, Davenport, Catlett, Butt, Filson
William Devenport ( or perhaps, Davenport) married Nancy Catlett in Nov. 1808 - Washington Co., MD. I need to know which Davenport/Devenport family he belonged to. They supossedly had at least one son named John. Something happened to William (must have died) because Nancy then married my Gr-GR-Grandfather John Filson (prob. in VA) and had 8 children with him. There don't seem to be that many families of Davenports in MD. so I'd like to hear from any who have connections to MD. from the early 1700s - 1820.

Devenport's in Conn.

Posted: 16 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Devenport, Pendelton, Stowe
My Fifth Great Grand-Father Devenport,William D. Sr. and Devenport,William D. Jr were both born in Nwe London, New London Conn. Sr. in 1766 and Jr. in 1789 then they went to New York only William D. Devenport Sr. had childeran born in Conn. there names in order of birth are one William D. Jr.1789, Unknown male 1790, Frederick 1793, Unknown Femal 1794,Matilda 1796, Charles 1799, Fanny 1802 and six's other's that were born in New York.

William D. Devenport, Jr.

Judy Bates (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Devenport, Catlett, Butt, Filson
Do you have any idea what happened to this William D. Devenport, Jr.? Did he marry, have children, etc.? What about William Sr.'s siblings? Do you know anything about them?

Devenport-Davenport in Conn.

Posted: 23 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Devenport, Davenport, Dingman, Stowe, Brownell, Nobeles, Pendelton
Hi Judy My name is Robert Lafollette Butch Devenport Jr. I was born in 12-20-1946 in Crawford Co. Wisconsin. My dad was Robert Lafollette Blackie Devenport who was born in 1924 Lisbon Ransom Co North Dakota his father My Grand Father was Frank Eugene Davenport who was born on 6 apr. 1887 in Ferryville crawford Co. Wisconsin and Married Ethel Whitney born 11 oct. 1888 in Desoto Wisconsin Frank's father who was my Great Grand-father was William Harrison Windy Bill from ferryville Devenport who was born 16 jan. 1851 in New York or Indania he married Margaret Ione Jane Hill who was born 19 may 1848 in Harrisburg, Penn.William's father who was my second Great Great Grand-father was James Pemberton Devenport who was born 22 july 1824 in Windsor, Broome Co. New York He married Harriet Amanda Brownell who was born on 29 aug. 1830 in Hanover, Chautaugua Co. New York.James P. Devenport' whos father William D. Devenport Jr. was my Great Great Graet Grand-father who was born 1789 in New London, New London Co. Conn. and married Ester Stow who was born 1801/1802 in New Jersey they had six" childeran Three boy"s and three girl"s James P.,Unknown Dingman 1825 , William 1835 the girls Jane 1822,Uknown 1819,Uknown 1830 all of them born in New York. William"s father who was my Graet Graet Graet Graet Grand-father was William D. Devenport Sr. who was born on 1766 New London,New London Co. Conn. and died on April 5,1858 in Windsor, Broome Co. New York he married abt. 1789 in New London, New London Co. Conn. to Nancy Pendelton born aft. 1765 Died 1835 same place as William. they had 12 Childeran seven boy"s and four girl"s the boys were William Jr. 1789-Unknown abt.1790-Fedrick 1793-Charles 1799 in Conn. John 1804-Unknown 1810-Unknown 1812 in New York the girl"s Unknown 1794-Matilda 1796-Fanny 1802 born in Coon. and Pattie 1806 in New York Iam going to send you a invotaion to my Family.com and you can view the hole tree for there are over 5,000 names on it.

Devenports/Davenports

Judy Bates (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Devenport, Davenport, Filson, Catlett, Butt
I guess there is not any "match" here since I don't see any reference to the MD. or VA. area. I feel that the William Devenport I am looking for was from a family of VA. or MD. and was probably born between 1780 and 1790. He married my 2nd Great Grandmother in 1808 in Washington Co., MD. Thanks for posting your information.

northern/Mass/NY Davenport's

Posted: 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2003 7:09PM GMT
through my own research i have found,census record,that my GGgrand father was born in Mass.Eventually after the civil war,he served with a maryland co.but may have started with a mass. co.he migrated to ramsey,pa.where he married and had kids.His wife's name was mary, no known last name.she was from pa.one of his son's was a P Harry. They later moved to williamsport,pa; just down the road.my question is:dose anyone from the new england states know anything.His name was Frances Edward Bertrum Davenport.he hails from somewhere in mass.any help would be appreciated

Re: William Devenport

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Catlett, Davenport
Judy, I really hope that you see this message at some point. I am desperately looking for more information on the Catlett/Davenport connection. I have a John Catlett Davenport (who is buried in VA) in my tree, and would love to connect the dots.. I currently have no idea how he got his middle name, and you may have just helped me see that there really is a connection.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions