Search for content in message boards

wendell miller

wendell miller

Posted: 21 May 2010 9:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
i have serched cemeteries in salisbury.n.c.[rowan co]for the grave of wendell miller born 1729 in germany and died 1805 in rowan co. if anyone can tell me where his gave is i would surely like to know. thank you barbara

Re: wendell miller

Posted: 26 May 2010 3:03AM GMT
Wendell Miller is buried in Organ Lutheran Church cemetery on Organ Church Road in eastern Rowan County.

He has a fairly recent US government marker at his grave. You can see a picture of his marker in the Wendel Miller genealogy book.

Donna Poteat

Posted: 26 May 2010 9:56AM GMT
Donna Thank you very much for this imformation.wendell was my grandfather 6 generation back.it is a blessing to be able to find out any imformation i can so i thank you again. if you know any other locations of grave sites of where his decendants are please let me know it would be greatly appreciated . "thank you again " barbara

Posted: 26 May 2010 9:56AM GMT
Donna Thank you very much for this imformation.wendell was my grandfather 6 generation back.it is a blessing to be able to find out any imformation i can so i thank you again. if you know any other locations of grave sites of where his decendants are please let me know it would be greatly appreciated . "thank you again " barbara

Posted: 26 May 2010 12:57PM GMT
Barbara,

From which of his children are you descended? I could look in the Wendell Miller book to see where they are buried.

Donna

Posted: 27 May 2010 11:19AM GMT
Donna the imformation i have is :I am a desendant through his first wife [? christina daughter of blackhawk]their son john phillip nov.02,1759-march25,1835...his daughter catherine born may 22,1789-june21 1867 who married david v. shelton of buncombe co. they had william b. .....i guess these christina,john phillip and catherine are the ones in rowan co. that i would like to find. thank you for your time and trouble to do this for me barbara

Posted: 27 May 2010 11:22AM GMT
Barbara- do you need someone to go to the cemetery? I live in Rowan County. I might be able to go for you.

Kelly Miller
Kindred Roots Genealogical Society
http://kindredroots.com

Posted: 28 May 2010 12:11AM GMT
Barbara,

Wendell Miller's first wife (who was the mother of John Philip) - her name is unknown. Christina was Wendell Miller's second wife.

John Philip and his wife Sybilla Fisher are both buried at Organ Lutheran Church.

John Philip and Sybilla did have a child named Catherine who was born 24 Oct 1789 and died 3 Oct 1839. Catherine married Dawalt Lentz on 18 Jan 1811. Catherine Miller Lentz is also buried at Organ Lutheran. There is no record in the Wendell Miller book of her marrying a Shelton.

What documentation do you have showing she married David Shelton?

Donna

Posted: 28 May 2010 1:06AM GMT
Do a Google on Chief Black Hawk. It is not feasible that any daughter he may have had could have married Wendel Miller. Wrong place, wrong time.

Posted: 28 May 2010 1:12AM GMT
Larry, I agree with you. There has never been any documentation found proving the ancestry of Wendell Miller's first wife.

Donna Poteat
per page

Find a board about a specific topic