Search for content in message boards

1850 Pike County Census.

1850 Pike County Census.

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUGHES/STARK/APPLEGATE/DUNLAP
I have the complete book of the 1850 Census of Pike County and I will do lookups in my spare time. Paula

Re: 1850 Pike County Census.

L J Masters (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2003 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: McCaw
Would appreciate your looking for John McCaw who married Mrs. Ann Sitton in Pike Co., Illinois on 6 February 1844. Perhaps he would show as John McKee? Would appreciate any McCaw or variant spelling entries....but particularly John McCaw. I believe he should have an infant or very young daughter, Martha in 1850.

Thanks so much

Posted: 11 Jun 2003 2:01AM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2004 3:18PM GMT
There are six families of Sitton. However, I have searched for the surname of McCaw and variant spellings, I cannot find any in Pike County. Sorry!

L J Masters (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2003 3:00AM GMT
Thanks so much for trying.

Steve Akin (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2003 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Akin, Cheneweth
I am searching for the father of John M. Akin born Aug 24, 1855. I believe his father or grandfather to be Augustus Akin of Perry township, Perry, Pike co. Illinois. Augustus is listed in the 1872 Pike atlas. also any lisings for Chenewth as they are an Aklin family connection. Any information regarding family name Akin would be appreciated. Also How did you come by the census and is it available from some source, Thanks

Theresa (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2003 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER/OTWELL/KASINGER/BARNET/WHEELER
Paula,
Will you do a lookup in 1850 Pike Co census for John Barnet. In 1870 census, he was 63 or 65 married to Polly with stepson John Kasinger. He is listed as a you.
Regards,
Theresa

Theresa (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2003 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER/OTWELL/KASINGER/BARNET/WHEELER
Paula,
Sorry, my last message got some of the text cut out. I meant to say John Barnet was listed as a physician in the 1870 census in Pike Co. Thanks.
Theresa

Posted: 11 Oct 2003 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: Hodges, Hodge, Hedges, Triplett.
I am seeking any info on Thomas Jefferson Hodges. Parents, siblings, etc. Thomas was born 5 Nov. 1847 in Perry, Pike Co., Illinois. Thomas was my great grandfather. The earliest I have found him in census records is 1870. He resided, and worked on the William Triplett farm, in Perry. He eventually married Mary Elizabeth Triplett.

Don Butler (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2004 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Butler or Lane
I'm looking for my G G Grandfather a Taylor Butler may be spelled Buttler. Should be a child of 2 or 3 years with birth place of Ky. The woman he married in later years was Susan Lane. Could use any help on any Lane families. My Grandfather was born in Pearl, Pike, ILL. I'm sorry but all I can tell is that the earlier mentioned were in Pike County. Also is this census book available to the public and if so do you know where I may get a copy? Thank you for any help you can offer. Don

Lane-Buttler

Posted: 6 Oct 2004 12:05AM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2004 3:18PM GMT
There is a Lane family in the 1850 Census; Samuel, age 50; Phoebe, age 49; Ellenor, age 20; Mehitabel, age 17; Sarah, age 13; Luther, age 8. Most of this family was born in NH.

I cannot find a Taylor Buttler, Butler in the 1850 Census of Pike County, IL. Did he maybe go by his middle name?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic