Search for content in message boards

Running slow

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 10:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is it just me or is Ancestry running really slow at the minute? I noticed this a few days ago, but today it seems to be a whole lot worse with some pages not loading at all.
I remember a while ago the site did this and it was said it was due to very high volume of users being online.

Re: Running slow

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 10:51PM GMT
Yes it is running exceptionally slow today. I'm giving up...too slow to do much of anything right now.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 10:56PM GMT
It should be better by midnight, at least that's my guess. The free period ends at that time.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 10:56PM GMT
Has someone unplugged a server, to plug in a kettle for a tea break?

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 11:10PM GMT
That explains it! Had now idea there was some free time happening right now. This gives me hope for tomorrow!!!

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 11:41PM GMT
If this so-called "free period" is what's causing the slow-down then all I've got to say is... very bad customer loyalty on the part of Ancestry. They just tapped my credit card for another annual payment a few days ago. Now, I can't even use the product/services that I paid for because Ancestry wants to let non-paying people take a free ride.

Service and bandwidth should first go to those of us that paid for it.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 12:20AM GMT
Ability to attach images or records has disappeared as well. Not a good way to attract new customers at all. Actually, a real good way to drive the rest of us away as well what with all the other stuff that has been going on for several weeks.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 12:40AM GMT
Well, la te da!!!! There are some who do not have means to access Ancestry's collections.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 12:45AM GMT
ACOM's other property, Fold3, is having similar issues now, too.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 1:04AM GMT
Some may not have the means to access Ancestry's collections. Those of us that do have the means - that have paid for the access - should get what we paid for.

The fact that some do not have the "means" doesn't mean that the rest of us that do have the means and who have paid for the services should suffer for their sakes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions