Search for content in message boards

Reuben Mather Descendants

Reuben Mather Descendants

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 5:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Howe, Mather, Shaffer, Lounsberry, Powers
Looking for information on descendants of Reuben Mather b: Dec 1747 in CT, d: Aug 1845 in Fairfield, NY.

Reuben's son: Elizur Mather m: Prudence Powers.

Elizur's daughter Laura A Mather (1816-1892) m: Allen Lounsberry

Laura's daughter Emily Lounsberry m: Charles Shaffer.

Emily's daughter Anna Mabel Shaffer (1884-1969) married Loren Howe (1878-1961) in 1901 in Lodi, MI (my ggrandparents).

Any help with birth, marriage, death records would be appreciated.

Re: Reuben Mather Descendants

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 12:57AM GMT
ELIZUR MATHER
Birth: Aug., 1785
Lyme
New London County
Connecticut, USA
Death: Feb. 2, 1869
Monroe County
New York, USA

Elizur married Prudence Powers about 1810 in New York.

She was born about 1794 in Massachusetts and died March 3, 1863; burial and death place unknown.

Burial:
Falls Cemetery
Greece
Monroe County
New York, USA

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 12:16PM GMT
Thanks Judy. Can you tell me what the sources are for the info on Elizur and Prudence? I haven't been able to find anything except in other trees on ancestry but they site no references.

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 1:26PM GMT
I found Elizur Mather at Find A Grave.

All the info I gave you was written there.

Judy

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: Danskin, Rice Jameson
I have the Lounsberry name in my family history. They married into the Danskin family. Looks like they lived in Michigan and Iowa. I don't have a bunch of information unfortunately. Time period: 1860-1890s

Mike

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 7:48PM GMT
Hello, my mother in law was the daughter of Nora Isabell Shaffer. She married Frank Stoops and he killed her on Oct 2, 1912.I have alot of information on the Mather fanily as I'am gather proofs for the Mayflower Society.My mother in law was Bessie Matthews from rockford Michigan. Please call me at 509-575-5469 and I'll put you in touch withg family members and send you family material. Your Mayflower Ancestor is Elder William Brewster. your new cousin Martha Matthews

Posted: 24 Jan 2014 11:04PM GMT
Hi Martha, I think I've found most of what I need to document Revolutionary War and Mayflower. What I'm missing is something to tie the definite link between Emily (Lounsberry) Shaffer and Laura (Mather) Lounsberry. The problem is the death record on Emily has Laura Fry as her mother. I can explain the error but the guys reviewing my SAR application doesn't think it is tight enough. Have you found any more?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions