Search for content in message boards

Ouachita Co, LA

Ouachita Co, LA

Sandy Ragon (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pevetoe, Pevito, Pebito, Pevytoe, Peveteaux
If you are researching any names that are a variation of these names I would like to hear from you.

Piboto Marriage

shirley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Piboto, Goulet
Augustin Piboto married Rosalie Goulet April 14,1819 in Ouachita Parish area. I have seen the Pibotos mentioned in many documents from that area. I am interested in the Goulets, if you have any knowledge of Rosalie please advise.

Pevytoe-Goulette

Carolyn Avery (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pevytoe, Pebito, Pivoto
You can find infomation on Rossalle Goulette ,daug. of Francois and Josette Goulette, wife of Augustus Pivoto in
Encylopedia of Founding Families of the Ouachita Valley of
Louisiana 1785 to 1850 by E.Russ Williams. I am researching the Pevytoe Families and have found this book to be very useful.
Carolyn

your post

April Peveto (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Peveteaux
I am trying to find Peveto roots, and also determine if it was originally spelled Peveteaux. Thanks, April

Re: Ouachita Co, LA

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 9:20PM GMT
im looking for the name pevytoe i have very little info any thing you have will be appreciated i know of terry wayne pevytoe and that is about the extent of my knowledge he is my father and i dont know much about my family but i reaally would like to know

Re: Pevytoe-Goulette

Sandy Ragon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2001 1:50AM GMT
Carolyn,
You and I talked before. I was in Salt Lake City and found only the first volume of the book you are referring to. However, they don't have the second volume. (The first volume makes a reference to the second volume.) Could you by chance make photo copies of the referenced pages in the second volume for me? I would gladly send money to cover the cost of copies and mailing (IN ADVANCE).
Sincerely,
Sandy Pevetoe Ragon

Re: your post

Sandy Ragon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2001 3:00AM GMT
April, I have seen it spelled this way on an old map (ca: Civil War). I have a copy somewhere...I'd have to look for it. My grandfather told me that they spelled it this way also at one time. My relatives went up to Ouachita County, AR from LA. Carolyn & Carolyn and I think there is a ralationship with our relatives...afterall, my Oachita County, AR is due north from Ouachita County, LA ..just on the Oachita River. And it is an unusual name. Were your family members in AR or LA.? There is a branch in Orange Co, TX...they might be related somehow too. Sandy

Sandy Ragon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2001 3:26AM GMT
Why are you researching this name? Do you have a Peveteaux family in LA, AR or TX? I have traced my line through LA to Mobile, AL I think. It's french and I don't think it's Acadian yet. I have been to the French Canadian areas and I was in France this summer but didn't research this line since I don't know where to look. (You'd have to have an area to start.) Sandy

Tyson Peveto (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2001 2:12AM GMT
I am a peveto and if your part of my family i live in texas but my family cam from louisiana...cajun....acadia...france. And i think that peveto was originally spelled peveteaux cause one of my teachers told me it was probablly spelled like that so i started to write that on my papers and i got points of. that was in elementary

Are you by chance

Posted: 30 Sep 2002 10:56PM GMT
are you by chance a cousin of Verous Welden Pevytoe
per page

Find a board about a specific topic