Search for content in message boards

Poyner

Posted: 5 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Sep 2001 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: POYNER
Seeking any information on the POYNER families of Currituck County. Thank you.

Poyner

Jenny Buterbaugh (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Poyner
If you can give me some names..I know of several in the Currituck County area...they live in Barco....I know of
Ryland Poyner his mother and father were Caleb and Mary Poyner they owned a car garage...their son now owns and operates it...

Then there is another family of Poyner's ...Gene Poyner he has a son named Rocky Poyner and several more..my mind has just went blank on the other names....I am not sure if that was of any help....but,they are the ones I know of in Currituck County.......Email me if you think I have helped or you need more....

How far back and which lineage?

Posted: 19 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Poyner
The Poyner family began in Moyock, of Currituck County about 1700. We have extensive info but still need more. We offer help and request it too.

Currituck POYNER family

Posted: 1 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2002 9:12PM GMT
Surnames: POYNOR

Do you know if your Currituck Co POYNER family
was connected to the Caswell Co Poyner family?
My ggg grandfather was Jessie Poyner who
married Nancy Paschall 1818 - Caswell Co.

Thanks

Doris

Re: How far back and which lineage?

Posted: 26 Jul 2001 6:53PM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2005 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: POYNER, MERCER
POYNER - So far, I have the following: CURRITUCK County, NC

Peter Poyner 1 married Elizabeth ?
children: Peter 2, Thomas, Joseph, James, William, Robert, Margaret, Elizabeth, ? Edward and ? Hyde.

Peter Poyner 2 married Sophia Taylor @ 1712.
Children: Peter 3, Joel, Nathan, Benjamin, Mary, Sophia, Esther, Abiah, Keziah, Gemima.

Mary POYNER married John, Mercer, jr.
Mary Poyner Mercer in my lineage. I have been tracine the Mercer and Poyner lines. Can't quite get WHICH John Mercer he was. And would like to know where the POYNER line came from originally, across the "sea." Thanks.

My line continued: Poyner, Mercer, Wilkins, Routh, Mercer [again] and Thomas. My grandmother: Willie Mae Thomas, born 1895 in Gaffney, SC.

Re: Poyner

diana poyner (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2001 2:15AM GMT
I am the daughter of Gene Poyner in Barco NC. Caleb and Mary E. Poyner are my aunt and uncle. Ryland and Benny who own the garage are my cousins. Rocky and Alan are my brothers

Help with early Poyners?

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 11:42PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2005 11:57PM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds; Lane; Henderson; Poyner
I am descended from Charlotte Poyner Henderson of Independence County, AR. Her father was M. B. Poyner, b. abt 1824 in TN. Her grandfather was William Poyner, b. abt 1795 in VA. Census data makes it appear that William moved to TN sometime before 1824; then to IL sometime before 1830, to Carroll County, AR before 1845; finally to Newton County, AR before 1860. The 1850/1860 census entries give his wife's name as Elizabeth.

I have a theory (based on my reading of census, marriage, and will data available online) that this William Poyner may be the grandson of Joseph Poyner listed in the 1790 census of Currituck. I would appreciate any help in proving/disproving this or any other ancestry for William Poyner.

Scott

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 2:32PM GMT
Could you tell me if your Wilkins line was from Currituck?Did they migrate to McMinn Co. TN in the mid to late 1820 or later?

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: POYNER (& Cox and Jones)
I have been researching POYNERs since 1978 and firmly believe they came from what was Wales, but now is probably Staffordshire England. Check out how many POYNER families are listed from that area, and their present day phone books still list POYNER . I haven't a clue as to who started this U.S. branch or when. Their Wills are fascinating.
Good Luck
Betty (from the northern Sierras in California)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic