Search for content in message boards

Essie P. Goldizen

Essie P. Goldizen

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Oct 2001 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: Goldizen, Nelson, Kessel, Rohrbaugh, Sites, Wolford, Bennett, Ours, Harper
Mrs. Essie Pearl Goldizen, 94, of Cabins, died Thursday, Feb. 27, 1997, at Grant Memorial Hospital, Petersburg.
Born April 11, 1902, at Streby, she was the daughter of the late Taylor and Louise (Nelson) Kessel. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Henry W. Goldizen, Feb 23, 1979; one daughter, Texie Rohrbaugh, June 15, 1993; two half sisters, Maude Sites and Blanche Kessel; three great-grandsons, Duane and Bradley Wolford and Rocky Bennett;one great-great-granddaughter, Amanda Bennett.
Mrs. Goldizen was a member of Cabins Assembly of God. She had been a resident of the Grant County Nursing Home, Petersburg, since July 19, 1989. She was selected as Queen of Hearts in the year 1993 and Mother of the Year in 1996 at the home.
Surviving are two daughters, Mary C. Ours of Cabins and Grace M. Harper of Moorefield; one son-in-law, Ray Rohrbaugh of Cabins; nine grandchildren, 19 great grandchildren, 19 great-great grandchildren, two step-great-great grandchildren and several nieces and nehphews.
Funeral services were Sunday afternoon at Cabins Assembly of God with the Rev. Stephen Landis officiating. Interment was in Maple Hill Cemetery, Petersburg.
Memorials may be made to the Cabins Assembly of God Church Building Fund.

Re: Essie P. Goldizen

Brian Piercy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: Goldizen, Levick
I have an ancestor Philip Goldizen (or Goldiess) who was born in the mid-1700's. He is supposed to be buried in Goldizen Cemetary in Jordan Run, WV which appears to be close to Cabins, WV. He had a son Frederick Lewis Goldizen born 1791.

Do you know of these people or this cemetary?

Thanks.

Posted: 17 Aug 2001 3:02AM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2001 3:02AM GMT
No, sorry!!

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 4:57PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2004 8:30PM GMT
Surnames: Goldizen/Goldeiss, Weese
Brian, My husbands maternal great-great grandfather was Philip Goldizen/Goldeiss, a Hessian soldier. I have a little bit of info on him and a list of descendants, etc. Would be glad to share with you. You're the only other person i know working on this line. E-mail me if you'd like-Gunnyho@aol.com -Barbara

Posted: 8 Mar 2009 5:25AM GMT
Surnames: Goldizen, Russell, Stump, Thompson, Linthicum, Morgan
My Goldizen ancestor is Frederick Lewis Goldizen b:1790 in VA. He married Mary Levick Morris McAlurath as 2nd? wife.
His son Omer m. Eliza Ann(Blair)Rarey ca 1824. Omer haad 10 children - youngest Charles b;5 sEP 1871. His oldest son was Claude Noel b:12 May 1894 in Carlisle, IA. Claude died 2 Aug 1958. I am his youngest child Betti A. Morgan.
I have quite a lot of info on most of the line. Glad to help any way I can.
Betti

Posted: 27 Aug 2011 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: Rarey/Goldizen/Farley
Sheldon Rarey and Eliza Ann Blair are my husband's gg-grandparent. I am trying to locate information on William Sylvester Farley who was their daughter Angeline's husband. All I know about him is he was born in Aug 1848 and married Angeline November 6, 1870. Angeline died in 1873. If you have any information I would be grateful to receive it. Thank you
Jan Farley
farleyduo@aol.com

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Goldizen, Taylor
Betti, I am a descendant of Omer Goldizen's sister Ama Mary Goldizen. She married Robert Taylor in Parke County, Indiana, and moved to Iowa and then Nebraska, where she died in 1889. Do you have any information on Frederick Lewis Goldizen and his parents?
Thanks.
Sharon Adkisson

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 2:57AM GMT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/9QG7-11R
Here is a link to a family tree for William Sylvester Farley.
Hope this helps you.
Sharon Adkisson

Re: Essie P. Goldizen/FL Goldizen

Posted: 14 Apr 2012 6:00PM GMT
Frederick Lewis Goldizen was the 2nd son of Johan Philip Goldizen, who was a Hessian soldier. He married Elizaneth Ann Kanester and moved to West Virginia, where they both are buried. Original spelling was Goldeiss. From the Ansbach regiment in the Rev. war.
Frederick L. left WVA about 1815 for Ohio. Don't know where he went from there until about 1825 when he had a son with Mary Levick Morris McAlurath - her 5th child. Married twice before. He died in Parke County, Indiana. Buried there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions