Search for content in message boards

Behms from Mecklenburg to Niles, ILL

Behms from Mecklenburg to Niles, ILL

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 4:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching the family of Johan (John) Behm, and his wife, Dorothea Braass, who emigrated from Mecklenburg in 1856 to Niles, Illinois. They had five children: Elise, Augusta, Frieda, William, and Ludwig (Louis).

Information on descendants or ancestors of these individuals would be appreciated.

Ken Bus

Re: Behms from Mecklenburg to Niles, ILL

Frederick Behm (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2005 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Behm
I am not sure about Niles, ILL
But the Behms i belong to , also came from Mecklenburg
i believe in the late 1700's to Early 1800's, I can't exactly remember the period without looking it up - came to Ohio.
where exactly some are buried , i am not sure
I know some aren't buried here that came here

Posted: 22 Oct 2007 4:26AM GMT
Surnames: Behm ancestry.
In regards to Elise Maria Behm (1858-1958)
Married Karl Neugebauer(1850-1950)
They had Mathilde Francis Neugebauer(1892-1944)
She married Fredrick August Reum (1883-1961)
They had Ethel and Valerie.
Ethel married Edwin J. Swanson(1913-1975)
Thats it! Hope it helps.

Posted: 22 Oct 2007 4:59PM GMT
Thanks for your information. Since 2001 I have discovered quite a lot about the Behm Family from Chicago/Niles, Illinois. Elise Behm was actually married twice. Her first husband, Peter Studtmann, died and then she married Mr. Neugebauer. She had 5 children with her first husband and 4 with her second husband, including Mathilde and Adelle. She died 17 April 1914. I also have a lot of info about her parents, grandparents and even some great-grandparents in Mecklenburg. Contact me for more information.

Posted: 23 Oct 2007 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: (Reum) Behm
Oh, Boy! I am a total novice! I got involved in "ancestry" 1 month ago! I am trying to follow a principel; give unto others and it'll come back!
Anna Frank(10\1892-9\1980) married Walter Fred Reum(1884-1970).Her dad's name may have been James, her brother's Albert.Have u come across any info on them?
I can just feel u think this one is of her Tree!
Thank you for your time.

Posted: 23 Oct 2007 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: (Reum) Behm
Oh, Boy! I am a total novice! I got involved in "ancestry" 1 month ago! I am trying to follow a principel; give unto others and it'll come back!
Anna Frank(10\1892-9\1980) married Walter Fred Reum(1884-1970).Her dad's name may have been James, her brother's Albert.Have u come across any info on them?
I can just feel u think this one is of her Tree!
Thank you for your time.

Posted: 23 Oct 2007 4:01PM GMT
Please write directly to my e-mail address: kenbus50@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions