Search for content in message boards

cannady family history book

cannady family history book

latresha starling (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2005 5:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: cannady, canady, canaday, cannaday
does anyone out there have a book called cannady family history andcestors and descendents from 1665 to july 1, 2002 by joyce cannady lucas ? i am looking to get someone to make me some copies or give me some info out of it the farthest i know is
william cannady, i think his middle name was james, he was born in 1824 he was marrried in 1852 to mary carter, and they had a daughter mary margaret cannady married to dempsey everett through whom i am descended. help!!

Re: cannady family history book

Sue C. Barefoot (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2006 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Cannady
Joyce (my sister) and I wrote the two Cannady Family History Books. She wrote Vol. 1 and I wrote Vol. 2. To date, these books are out of print but I have been working on updating and revamping our data into the Family Tree Maker program and also adding in documentation. Contact me via email and we will compare notes.

Posted: 22 May 2006 5:42PM GMT
Sue, This is not in regard to the Cannady Book although I descend from Wagstaff Cannady and down until Dorris Cannady's daughter, Victoria.
I am interested in your last name, Barefoot. I have a Barefoot in my Mitchell tree. An Elizabeth Barefoot that married John Mitchell in upper Wake Co., NC. The date of this marriage was 24 Aug 1811. Does this Elizabeth connect with your last name?

Sue Barefoot (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2006 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: Barefoot and Cannady
Phyllis--while there are many many Elizabeth Barefoots in my Barefoot Families of the South book, I am not showing a John Mitchell as a spouse. That doesn't mean that Elizabeth isn't related to my husbands family. We may have to go back another generation or two to be able to make the connection. Do you know of any other Barefoots that we could link to Elizabeth? We probably would need to find a common thread in order to make the connection. I am sure somewhere in my 7,200 Barefoot database we could make some kind of connection.

I am interested in your Cannady connection. I have tried for years to connect the Wagstaff Cannady clan to my Patrick and Hardy Cannady clans of Sampson and surrounding counties. Do you know the connection?
Sue B

Posted: 22 May 2006 10:01PM GMT
Sue, Not sure about any other Barefoot's. It is a very hard generation for several of us to find and make sense of so I really can't help there. Elizabeth Barefoot was John's second wife. His first was Winney Alford. They all lived in or around present day Rolesville, NC.
As for Hardy and Patrick Cannady, I'll do some looking around. If I find something I'll write.
I do have a mystery about the Cannady's maybe you could clear up for me.
I have an Anderson Bailey that married a Cynthia G. Cannady and also a Susan Cannady. This would have been early 1800's. Did he marry 2 Cannady women(probably Aunt and Niece) when one died? Or do I have wrong info? Cynthia G. was the daughter of Dorris Cannady and Nancy Jenkins. Susannah was the daughter of Wagstaff.
Do you have anthing that would clear this up for me?

Posted: 23 May 2006 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Barefoot and Cannadys
Phyllis, I have a small file on Wagstaff Cannady but haven't looked at it in awhile. I remember that his father was Hugh Cannady from Va. and Mildred Wagstaff. Wagstaff was married to a Betheliam or something to that affect. They had several children about 12 or more. One of those children was Wyatt Cannady. Seems like Wyatt married a Mary Elizabeth but don't think her last name was Barefoot. Didn't Wyatt have a brother named Dorris?

Getting back to my Cannadys----I believe Hugh Cannady was brother to one of my Patrick Cannadys but there isn't any proof that I have been able to find.

Isn't genealogy fun?

Kim Cannady (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2006 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Cannady, Proctor, Lanier, Edenfield, Durden, Cowart, Ross
I am interested in the Cannady Book. Please contact me at asudojo.kc@earthlink.net.
Thank you,
Kim

Posted: 29 Sep 2006 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Cannady
Kim,
I sent an email to the address you supplied but it was returned by the mailman in the sky saying your address was unknown. Please advise....
Sue B

Sandi Hollars-Banta (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2006 7:26PM GMT
I am interested in the Cannaday book, also I am looking for a Margaret Canaday,born about 1825, daughter of John Canaday and Sarah New Would the books have an index?
Thanks
Sandi Hollars-Banta
e-mail shollarb@earthlink.net

Posted: 7 Sep 2007 7:20PM GMT
I'm working on my family Cannady/Kennedy. In haave a Mildrend Wagstaff and Hugh Cannady in my family line. Could you gave me any information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions