Search for content in message boards

Chapel family from New London, Ct

Chapel family from New London, Ct

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chapel, Eastman, Webster, Colwell, Darrow
I'm descendent of the Chapels from Ct. Please contact me if you have interest in sharing. etc...my tree is Colwell..
Thx

Re: Chapel family from New London, Ct

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 12:23PM GMT
I also descend from Connecticut Chapels. My branch moved on to Sandisfield, Mass., c. 1770, as did many other Chapels. I would love to share information with you. My e-mail BarbaradeMare@yahoo.com

Posted: 10 Oct 2009 2:30PM GMT
I only have Chapels that go back to Richard Crignon Chapel, dates unknown. but his son would be Joseph Richard Chapel born 5/8/1786 Sandisfiel, Mass. county of Berkshire. There is more info on Richad Crignon, but have not had time to communicate with another person on these posts to get it.If this is your line, I show that one of Crignon's wifes was Grace and that is on my line.

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 5:11PM GMT
I am descended from Richard Crignon by his second wife, Sarah Smith. I have pictures of the tombstones of all three. I have a lot of information on Richard Crignon, including his will. I also have his ancestry back to England. If you would like, I can do a report for you from my genealogy program (TMG). It doesn't have everything I have, but does have a lot.

Barbara

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 6:59AM GMT
I for one would love to have the info you offered. I had traded messaages wit you before, but I have not had time to complete my messages with you. Can this report be sent on an email? If so please send to pktaylor@yahoo.com. I went to some links off of your message board and found Richard Crignon Chapel in the "Douglas" family web site. I followed his wifeback through the men in her family and went back to Nephrotiti (sp)WOW. Alot of Kings and Queens and royalty in Ireland etc.

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 7:05AM GMT
I'm sorry the email address should be pktaylor1950@yahoo.com,,, thanks Pamela Chapel Gurule

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 7:10AM GMT
Barbara, I am doing research for my husbands family, into the Apache families. I am taking pictures of settlement, landmarks,grave stones,etc. and would like to put them on here for people to use. How can I do that.

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 12:28PM GMT
Now your name rings a bell! Don't believe all the stuff you read on line that does not have sources, especially royal connections. There actually are some royal connections in the Chapel or Douglas line (forget which at the moment, and getting ready for work,)as set forth in the Plantagenet book. The name that leads to them is escaping me at the moment.

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 2:01AM GMT
My Grandmother was Helen M. Chapel, who married Alexander Ross Benson of Hudson New York. Her father was Edward Chapel, a captain of a whaling ship, and he was lost at sea. His wife's name may have been Sarah. I don't know if he was based in New London CN or Hudson, NY, anoher whaling port. He and his familly lived in Hilo, Hawaii at some point. this was in the late 19th century. I am guessing he was born in about 1835.
Any information or news from fellow descendants would be very welcome.

Sincerely, Ann Chapel Osgood Howland

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 4:31AM GMT
Hi Ann
For some unknown reason, I received notice of your msg but did not for the previous and wow, they are old. You can browse through my tree "colwell" and one I just started to track this lineage "Original Chappell settlers" I have come by so much info so quickly the tr4ee has a few errors I have yet to correct. However, I went to New London, Uncsville, Montville and the like, connecticut and took a bunch of pics of chapel graves. There are over 300 Chapels buried in Connecticut, depending upon how it's spelled. check out "Find-a-grave" On the web. I'll try and catch up soon. I knew there had to be whalers in this family!!!
Connie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions