Search for content in message boards

CHARLTONS OF KENT, ENGLAND

CHARLTONS OF KENT, ENGLAND

Carlos Kessaris (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 5:11PM GMT
My Charlton connection is from West Farleigh, Kent in England and later in Ontario, Canada. I have lots of information on the Charltons of this area spanning from the early 1700's until 1890 or so. If anyone thinks they may have a connection to this branch, pls. let me know.

charlton surname

charlton william (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2000 1:10AM GMT
Do you have any William's in your line + Mary Jane's ? Is your line involved in Deal/Sandwich Kent England ?

Regards Phillipa

Charltons of Deal/Sandwich

Posted: 11 Mar 2000 12:03PM GMT
There are a few Williams in my Charlton history, but no reference at all to Deal or Sandwich. The towns mentioned in the history of this branch include Doddington, West/East Farleigh, Loose, Linton, Strood, "Knights Place", Gravesend, and Cobham. Do any of these sound familiar? Pls. let me know if you'd like me to send you the info I have.

charlton's

phillipa (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2000 1:18AM GMT
At this stage I only have reference to a William Charlton b. 1826, Deal. Sandwich.
Will keep you posted if any of your areas come into my line.

thanks

phillipa

william charlton

phillipa (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 2:22AM GMT
Hi Carlos,

Sorry, long time no reply. Yes I would love to have the info pertaining to your william Charltons'. You never know, may be in our lot after all !

Can you answer a query ? Where does the Charlton name derive from - someone mentions you are distantly related to the "Carlton/Carletons" is that true.

Thankyou

Phillipa

William Charlton

Posted: 3 Apr 2000 4:59PM GMT
Hi Philippa,

Pls. send me your e-mail address, and I will send you all I have on the Charltons of Kent, England.

thanks.

charltons

phillipa (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 1:56AM GMT
Hi Carlos,

My e-mail is ashwellfamily@xtra.co.nz

Thanks

Phillipa

Charlton's

Marg Duncan (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2000 7:42PM GMT
My Great-grandfather was Edward Rawlings Charlton, b. Hexham, Northumberland, Eng. He came to Canada about 1906. His gr.father was William. I have quite a list if anyone thinks we might be related.

william Charlton

phillipa (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 1:34AM GMT
Thank you for replying. Do any of your Charlton's come from the Kent area ? I would be most interested to hear from you. Especially around the 1820's.

Gertrude Charlton

Kaye (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2000 5:45AM GMT
Does any one have any information on Gertrude Charlton.She may have come from Cumberland Kent.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions