Search for content in message boards

* Relation to Betty Grable *

* Relation to Betty Grable *

Amanda (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2002 9:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: * Grable *

I am indeed related to Betty Grable, but I don't know what she would be to me. My Grandfather's name is Donald Grable, his brother's name is Richard Grable and their Father: Goss Silas Grable.
If you have any information or relation to these people, please contact me.

Re: * Relation to Betty Grable *

amanda (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2003 11:21PM GMT
hey my dad is Richard Grable the one you are speaking of i have some info if you would like to chat

amanda (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2003 11:21PM GMT
hey my dad is Richard Grable the one you are speaking of i have some info if you would like to chat

Nancy Garbero (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2003 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: Grable
The Ancestry of Betty Grable

Please let me introduce myself, my name is Nancy Garbero. I’m a first cousin, once removed from Betty Grable. My Dad was her first cousin. His Mother, my Grandmother was-Adah Theodora Grable (married names Mears) was one of Betty’s aunts. My dad and his sisters played with Betty and her sister Marjorie when she was a young girl living in St. Louis on Lafayette Street and Forest Park Apartments. My great grandmother-Lavina P. Conn Grable was Betty’s grandmother. My Great Uncle “Buddy” Conn Grable and Lillian Hofmann Grable were Betty’s parents. Over the years now I have been in contact with Betty’s daughters Vickie and Jessica. I had the wonderful opportunity in meeting with Vickie and sharing our family tree and family video. So I wanted to send you our genealogy to see if you are related.

“Betty Grable”, Ruth Elizabeth Grable, death cert., obit, family photos, marriage records, church records, Census Records 1920-1930, photo of mausoleum/tombstone

Parents: John Conn Grable married to Lillian Hofmann
Sister: Marjorie Grable Arnold, death cert., family photos, marriage records, church records, Census Records 1900-1930

Brother: “Jackie” John Karl Grable (died at approx 2 yrs), photo of tombstone, obit, burial records, death cert.

John Conn Grable’s family:

Father: William B. Grable, Born: August 1840, Louisville, KY, Died: 1902, St. Louis, MO
Mother: Lavina Phoebe Conn,Born: August 1850, Astoria, Long Island, NY, 1935, St. Louis, MO

1) Genevieve Margurite Grable “G-G” , death certificate, burial records, obituary, Census records 1880-1900, St. Louis directories, family photos
2) John Conn Grable “Buddy” , death certificate, burial records, obituary, Census records 1900-1930, St. Louis directories, family photos, marriage records, divorce records.
3) Rebecca Baker Grable “Beckye” , death certificate, burial records, Census records 1900-1930, St. Louis directories, family photos, photo of tombstone, obituary, Probate will, newspaper article, church records
4) Lavina “Stella” Estelle Grable, death certificate, burial records, Census records 1900-1930, St. Louis directories, family photos and video, photo of tombstone, obituary, Probate will, church records
5) Adah Theodora Grable, death certificate, burial records, Census records 1900-1930, St. Louis directories, family photos and video, photo of tombstone, obituary, church records, marriage records and certificate, church records

William B. Grable’s parents:

Father: Samuel Miller Grable, Born: 1798, Nelson County, KY, Died: 1869, Louisville, KY, marriage record, Census Records 1800-1860, Probate will, obit, tombstone, Family Bible, directories of Louisville, Kentucky
Mother: Rebecca Baker Bridwell, Born: 1800, Richmond, VA, Died: 1898, Place: Louisville, KY
Samuel and Rebecca’s family:

1) Mary Elizabeth Grable, death certificate, photo of her family, Census records 1830-1900, death and burial records, obituary, marriage records
2) Alfred E. Grable his Mexican War papers, Confederate & Union Civil War papers, Photos of his family, marriage records and certificate, Death cert., newspaper articles and architect papers, census records 1830-1900, death and burial records, obituary, photo of tombstone, directories of Louisville, Kentucky and St. Louis, MO
3) Cyrus Grable his Union Civil War papers, marriage records and certificate, Death cert., newspaper articles, Family records from his Bible, family photos, , census records 1830-1900, death and burial records, obituary, photo of tombstone, directories of Louisville, Kentucky
4) Daniel Grable his KY militia papers, marriage records and certificate, death cert., newspaper articles and school of pharmacy papers , census records 1830-1900 directories of Louisville, Kentucky, death and burial records, obituary, photo of tombstone
5) John Grable.his Civil War record/ newspaper article, , census records 1830-1880, directories of Louisville, Kentucky
6) Precious Martha Grable marriage records and certificate, death cert., census records 1830-1900, directories of Louisville, Kentucky, death and burial records, obituary
7) Kathryn Grable marriage records and certificate, death cert., census records 1830-1900, directories of Louisville, Kentucky, death and burial records, obituary
8) Joseph Grable no military, marriage records and certificate, death cert., census records 1830-1900, directories of Louisville, Kentucky and St. Louis, Missouri, death and burial records, death and burial records, obituary
9) Samuel M. Grable, Jr. died in infancy, Family records from Cyrus Grable Family Bible
10) William B. Grable his KY militia papers, marriage records and certificate, death cert., census records 1830-1900, directories of Louisville, Kentucky and St. Louis, Missouri, family photos, house histories of St. Louis and Louisville, death and burial records, obituary, Probate will
11) George Grable his KY militia papers, marriage records, census records 1830-1900, directories of Louisville, Kentucky, family letters, burial record/letters

Samuel Miller Grable’s parents:

Father: Captain Joseph Grable probate will, directories of Louisville, Kentucky
Mother: Lydia Miller

Captain Joseph Grable and Lydia Miller had Samuel M. Grable and 3 sisters

Captain Joseph Grable is listed in the Veterans of the War of 1812 even though he dies before the war but served in the United States military before the War of 1812.

His grandfather’s last name was Vandergrable originally from the Netherlands.

Because some Grable families researched the Grable genealogy without documentation, I have had to go back and research these families extensively.

If you are related to any of these individuals, please contact me: gnology@msn.com

Re: * Relation to Betty Grable *, sorry you aren't related

Nancy Garbero (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2004 5:37PM GMT
My grandmother was Betty Grable's aunt. Our family is in close contact with Betty's family.

See my entries.... sorry your line is not related.

Posted: 10 Feb 2011 11:00PM GMT
Hey, Richard Grable's daughter? are you still around. id like to chat... i just found your message.

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 6:14AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 1 Dec 2011 6:28AM GMT
Hi. My name is Robert Proctor. I am actress, Betty Grable's, second cousin twice removed.

My great great great grandfather, Samuel M. Grable, is Betty Grable's great grandfather.

My family follows Samuel M.'s line of son, celebrated St. Louis architect, Alfred E. Grable. As you say, Alfred E. and William B. are brothers. William B. is Betty Grable's grandfather through John Conn.

Alfred E. begat Frank E. (John Conn and your grandmother's first cousin) begat Grace R. who married George Edwin S. of Florida who begat my mother.

I am your third cousin, once removed. I sent you an email with a chart.

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 8:01PM GMT
Mr. Proctor, My 3 sons are descendants of Samuel M. Grable, through his son, George W. Grable. Could we exchange e-mails? I would love to be able to find more than just census records about this family for my children! Thank you, Janice
jannt@comcast.net

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 9:20PM GMT
Mrs. Thurmond,
I'm sending you an email.
-Robert

Posted: 22 Oct 2013 11:48PM GMT
My great grand father his name was Richard grable
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions