Search for content in message boards

Melendez de Chihuahua

Melendez de Chihuahua

Otto Santa Ana & Thelma Melendez (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2003 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Melendez
Hi, We are descendents of the Melendez family of Valle de Allende, Chihuahua, Mexico. We have family members in Chihuahua, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, and in southern California.

We traced and confirmed through actual Church records a detailed family tree that extends back to 1703. At this time Antonio Melendez was born. Before Antonio Melendez, we have unconfirmed hints of the family in military records in Chihuahua. In 1624, Andres Melendez, son of Diego, was born in a fort (Presidio Catalina de Tepehuanes). Diego was mentioned as a soldier of the area in 1621.

We seek information on Spanish migrants to Mexico before 1620, as well as other branches of the family who have ties to Chihuahua and especially Valle de Allende.
Thanks,
Otto Santa Ana and Thelma Melendez de Santa Ana

Hola! Somos descendentes de la family Melendez, de Valle de Allende, Chih., Mexico. Tenemos ramas de la familia en Chih, Nueva Mexico, Texas, Arizona, y California .

Hemos podido confirmar atravez de documentos de la Iglesia un arbol genealogico que llega hasta 1703, cuando nacio Antonio Melendez. Antes de Antonio, hemos encontrado sugerencias no-confirmadas de la familia en documentos militares, tambien en Chih. Andres, hijo de Diego Melendez, nacio en el Presidio Catalina de Tepehuanes. Diego es mencionado como soldado de la area en 1621.

Buscamos informacion de imigrantes espanoles de la familia que llegaron antes de 1620 a Mexico, tanto como otras ramas de la familia con conecciones a Chih, y Valle de Allende.
Gracias!
Otto Santa Ana y Thelma Melendez de Santa Ana

Re: Melendez de Chihuahua

Posted: 21 Jan 2006 12:03AM GMT
Do you know of a Felipa & Fernando Melendez?? I am trying to look for my Great-Great grandmothers parents. Her name was also Felipa Melendez. She had 5 children from Ramon Echeverria. They were born in Pueblito De Allende, Chihuahua, Mexico. Does anyone know of them?? They later moved to Sothern California, maybe in early 1900's. Please reply!!!Thank You!!!

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 6:20AM GMT
Hi,
My grandparents on my dad side are from camargo, chihuahua. I don't know much about their family tree due me not knowing how to speak spanish well. My grandmother's name is Julia Quinone(s/z?) and my grandfather's name is Merced Melendez

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 9:51PM GMT
We have talked before but I dont have your email any longer, can I please have your email again, I would like to have more information about the Melendez family, from Allende

Posted: 21 Sep 2009 12:40AM GMT
Yup, it's otto@ucla.edu.

Posted: 10 Feb 2011 5:43PM GMT
Antonio Melendez is my GGGGG Grandfather . He was married to Jua Bello in 1699. My email is margarita610@verizon.net

Ray Melendez

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 12:09AM GMT
my dad is Oscar Melendez, I'm his son. is there any way we can see all the info that you have gotten? I have been very curious about the history we have. I know two people on this post, Ray and Marisela. omelendez562@gmail.com

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 2:53AM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2012 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: Melendez
Okay. You should first figure out your own personal Melendez genealogy (and that of your mom and her family). Dad's birth, place of birth; siblings' birth, places of birth; children's birth, place of birth. Grandfathers' (on both sides) births, places of birth and possible death date and place of death, their siblings births, place of births and possible death dates and places of death, etc. As far as you can.

This is important background work only you, your elders, and your own document searches. It will situate your branch of the family more clearly.

Then you can tell us who your ancestors are, and we might find links.

There are lots of people (wherever you are) who can help you begin. Best wishes, possible primo.

Posted: 5 Aug 2013 10:32PM GMT
Hi Thelma,

It's been 10 years since your posting. Although my surname is different, I thought we might identify a link through Valle de Allende, Chihuahua, where I believe my GGG Grandfather, Pablo Melendres/z was born in early 1800s. He later became the Alcalde of the land grant named Dona Ana and founded Las Cruces in New Mexico just before the territory became a state of the U.S.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic