Search for content in message boards

Charles Schauer/Nimz

Charles Schauer/Nimz

Marlys (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2005 9:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Charles Schauer married to Amelia Nimz Janzig - 8 children, Arthur, William, Marie, Dorthea, Anna, Olga, Amelia, Minnie. Amelia, I believe, died in Blue Earth County, Minnesota.

Re: Charles Schauer/Nimz

Posted: 2 May 2006 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: Schauer
My great-grandfather was Lorenz (Lawrence) Schauer. He lived in Staples, and surrounding areas of Staples, in Minnesota from approximately 1875 until his death in Browerville in 1911.
I am looking for any information regarding him or his family.

Posted: 7 Jul 2008 11:08AM GMT
Surnames: Nimz
My grandfather was William Nimz?
I do no quite a bit about him.
I am now asking my grandma if she knows if he had any brothers or sisters.
thanks
x

Posted: 8 Jul 2008 11:47AM GMT
Charles and Amelia were married February 1885 in Bryan, Ohio. Amelia died at Mapleton, Minnesota. Any connection?

Posted: 8 Jul 2008 11:49AM GMT
Charles & Amelia were married February 1885 in Bryan, Ohio. She died at Mapleton, Minnesota. Any connection?

Posted: 8 May 2010 7:46PM GMT
I am working this tree for my half brother. He is a grandson of Minnie K. Schauer b. 28 Jan 1893/1895. Minnie married Frank Hendricks abt. 1910 in Minnesota. They left Minnesota abt 1917, they went to Stutsman Co., North Dakota where Frank enlisted in the service May 25, 1918, he was discharged in Vancouver, Washington Jan 7, 1919. They moved to the Oregon Coast, first to Lincoln Co.1920, then to Douglas Co, 1930. They lived for many years in Waldport, Oregon. Frank was a Sheriff there at one time.

I am trying to gather information ON the Schauer/Nimz side of the family. I have found census records for Charles Schauer and Amelia Nimz for 1900, in Sterling, Blue Earth, Minnesota, 1905 in Birch Cooley, Renville Co., Minnesota and in 1910 in Morton, Renville, Minnesota.

The 1900 census states that they had 13 children, only 10 living. The oldest child I have record of is William Edward born 13 Nov 1885 in Ohio. I also have Anna M. Oct 1891, Arthur Otto 1 Oct 1893, Minnie 28 Jan 1895, Mary Aug 1897, Dora Aug 1898 and Olga Feb 1900.

I would love to know the names of Amelia's parents. Where was Amelia born? And where was Charles born? One of my relatives place of birth for Charles as Kherson, Ukraine. She states that parents are Johann Georg Schauer and Christina Louise Schlepp. I can find census records for them but do not see a Charles among the children. I see a Karl born about the correct year but no idea if that is Charles of not. HELP HELP HELP

Posted: 18 May 2010 4:44PM GMT
Carol Ann: I think have a match. Marie (Mary) was born 8-10-1896 at Mapleton, Minnesota - she married Gus Erickstad (briefly) then married Tom Rugg - she died Twin Valley, Minnesota and is buried at Hawley, Minnesota. She was the half sister of my grandmother, Augusta Janzig Krueger. Amelia was married to John Janzig and had two children - Augusta and John b 10-30-1883. So Charles Schauer was Amelia's second marriage. I would like to email you direct so we can share family information. Marlys

Posted: 20 May 2010 3:22AM GMT
My e-mail is punky@snowcrest.net. I will be away on vacation for about three weeks, I would be very interested in what information you have. Thanks for the reply.

CarolAnn

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 5:09PM GMT
Charley Schauer is my Great Great Grandfather and Amelia Nimz Janzig Schauer was my Great Great Grandma. Trying to research my family. Charley son William Schauer is my Great Grampa. His son Arthur Lawrence Schauer was my Grampa. His son Ronald Schauer was my father. Woul like to get information about Charles Schauer and Amelia. I have family history from William Schauer and Leslie Schauer Williams brother. WOuld like to know Charles parents if you have any information and also Amelia.

Posted: 2 Oct 2011 1:43AM GMT
Jeremy: I would really like information on your line. Do you have this on a program to share? I don't show a Leslie as William's brother. Marie or Mary, sister to William, was my grandmother's half sister. Our family spent many days with Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom Rugg. MB
per page

Find a board about a specific topic