Search for content in message boards

Stapp family inGeorgia

Stapp family inGeorgia

Teresa Perry (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 2:59PM GMT
My grandmother's name is Annie Laura Stapp-Barrow.
Her family land was now where a park is
in Rutladge Ga. Her Father died when she
was9 years old. She has two sisters thatI know of,Dot and Louise.One brother thatI know is deciced Albert Stapp. I would really like to know about my grandmother's family and where they came from. I do know that my great grandfather married his cousin.
My grandmother's family also livedin Madison Ga. I would really like to know about my family and what they were like even it was bad. I want to know where I came from and what country my family came from. Will some one please help me? I have been doing this for a long time and noone has answered. Will
someone please help me or just give me some information to where I can start looking.
My Grandmother now lives in Rutladge Ga. before that she lived in Watkinsville Ga. for many years.
Please Help Me.
Thanks T.P.

Stapp Family from Rutledge Ga.

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 4:53PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2005 3:50AM GMT
Teresa,

My husband is A. L. Stapp and he was born in the Rutledge area. His father, mother, and several great grandparents are buried in the Stapp Family cemetery in Rutledge. I believe it is on Old Mill Road off of Hwy. 278.

We have been researching the Stapp family for several years. One of the best places for information is at the Morgan CO. Court House in Madison Ga. They were very helpful.

The Stapp family came to the United States from England through Virginia in the 1600's. It is said, the Stapp family is originally from Germany. The first documented Stapp entering the United States was Abraham.

My husbands 5th. great grandfather, John Stapp, died in Greene Co. in the early 1800's. His son Solomon owned the property that makes up Hard Labor Creek State Park. Solomon owned the property where the Stapp cemetery is located. Solomon had a brother named Steven, who also lived in Greene or Olgelthrope Co. when John died. I have not been able to locate any information on Steven since his father passed away and left him the planation in Greene CO.

I would like to talk with you some more. My husband does have an uncle Albert. However I'm not sure your Albert is that Albert.

Hope to hear from you soon..

Jean Stapp

Albert Stapp

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2005 3:50AM GMT
Teresa,

I have looked through my Stapp research and your grandmother Annie is my husbands aunt. Her father (Walter Lonnie Stapp) and my husbands father (Arthur Lee Stapp) are brothers. I have alot more information that I will share with you. Maybe we can help each other.

Jean, e:mail me

jeanstapp@aol.com

StappFamilyin Rutladge Ga.

Teresa (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 11:57PM GMT
Jean,
It was great to hear that There are more Stapps out there.We do belong to the same
Stapp family. My grandmother's father owned
the land where the Hard labor creek State park rests today. I'mnot sure what my greatgrand father's name was. My grandmother
in Annie Laura Stapp-Barrow. When she was a little girl she would play exactaly where the
lake is today. I do know theyowned the property until the goverment bought it. My greatgrandfather died when my grandmother was
nine years old. I also know that the Stapps owned much of the city ofMadison. If I'm wrong please letme know. Do you know the back ground of our family thatlived in Germany and
what theydid and who they were? My great uncle Albert sometimes would drink a lot and i believe he was married more than once. Maybe we can work together and figure some of this out. M09M03@AOL.com Keepin touch and thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Stapp Family of Morgan Co. GA

Ken Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2001 10:18AM GMT
My wife, Carolyn L. Harper Johnson is related to the Stapps thru your A.L. Stapp's father, William, who was married to Ophelia Benton. Ophelia Benton was the daughter of James Tinsley Benton II, my wife's great grandfather. You may contact Carolyn at clhjohnson@aol.com. Her web page is http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hrpr/ She has some photos, too.

Stapp Family - Morgan Co., GA

Posted: 11 Apr 2001 12:54PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 11:03PM GMT
Am seeking info on M. C. Stapp b. 25 Dec, l8l4 in Morgan Co., GA
served CSA - m . Harriet Johns ca. 1840 (11 children) - moved to Smith Co., Tx 1868 m. Mrs. Nancy Losoten 1880 - 6 children inc. Earnest Aaron Stapp. M. C. died 17 Nov. 1917 Stephens Co., TX - e-mail ST316@aol. com

Re: Stapp family inGeorgia

Posted: 2 Jan 2008 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Teresa, My name is Anne Threlkeld, My mother was Dolly
Meyer but everyone called her aunt Dot or Dolly. Your grand
mother Annie Barrow was my Aunt. I have seen Richard several times at mom & daddys funeral and he has alot on the
Stapps. I have some but I am trying to find more info.
Your grandmothers mom was Molly Laura Stapp, b-8/6/1893 d-5/22/1961. father was Walter Lonnie Stapp b 6/29'1880 d 7/15/1929 m- 2/11/1912 Lonnie married Emma B glass 1st. She
died. They are all buried in the Stapp cem. outside of Rutledge. Eliza and Lewis Wiley Stapp were b/s each had a child and they married each other. They were 1st cousins.
Eliza had lonnie, can't find his father but she married
George Head when lonnie was about 10. I need to go to Morgan co and get his b/cert to make sure he wasn't the father. wiley married Emma Partee' Eliza and Wiley m/d were Thomas W J stappand Mary D??? stapp. Emma parents are Ezekiel Partee' and martha A??? partee'. Thomas parent were Jones Wynne Stapp and Delilah Bush and Ezekiel Partee parents were Elbert Yearby Partee'/ Francis Niell , Yearby partee/ Sarah Ann Cozart. Jones parents were soloman Stapp and Mourning Wynne They all were from VA mostly.

Re: Albert Stapp

Posted: 2 Jun 2010 1:10AM GMT
My wifes grandfather is Walter Lee Stapp from Ga. Wondering if anyone knows anything about him and who his father was. He lived in Okla. He was married to Nellie Ruth Bacon.

Leonard Smith

Re: Stapp family inGeorgia

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 8:38PM GMT
Altho I was born in Oklahoma, I was raised in Georgia, when I searched my family, it appears that some of them came to Georgia from England, then migrated to Oklahoma. SouthWest Georgia seems the be the area that was most populated with our family name.

Re: Stapp Family - Morgan Co., GA

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: Stapp
I am the grandson of Exia Dell Stapp Byers fo Altus Oklahoma and Vernon Texas. I belive we are related to M C Stapp but can not verify his sons names. Any information on his sons or father would be very helpful. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions