Search for content in message boards

WADKINS/WATKINS

WADKINS/WATKINS

Posted: 24 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: WADKINS, WATKINS
Hi, I am seeking info on Ambrose or Amberries Wadkins/Watkins born in Ky. abt. 1846.He was shown in the household of Thomas Wadkins on the 1860 Magoffin Co. census. His mother's name may have been Elizabeth.She may have been a Shepherd and was related to the Barnetts. He stated on the 1880 Menifee Co. Ky Census that his father was born in Mississippi and his mother in Ky. Ambrose married Martha Lawson . Robert Watkins who is believed to be his brother , married Martha's sister Rhoda. They were the daughters of Mark Lawson and Caroline Hale. Mark Lawson was born in Tenn. and Caroline in Ky. Ambrose and Martha had Alifare,[although Alifare stated that her mother was Louisa Pink, she was raised by Martha] Charles Mark, and Easter Jane.Alifare remained in Ky., while Charles and Easter came to WV. Martha came to WV and died in 1887. I do not have a death date or place for Ambrose. I would love ANY INFO on any of the above names. Especially would like to know the connection to Thomas Wadkins and who Ambrose's parents were. Also, Ambrose may have had a different name and later went by Ambrose. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Becky

Re: WADKINS/WATKINS

Posted: 21 Jun 2008 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Wadkins/Watkins
Hi, I am also looking for the parents of Ambrose Wadkins b.abt 1846 in Ky.,who was my gr-gr-grandfather. Alafair Wadkins was my Gr-Grandmother and Orval Cassidy was my Grandfather. Has anyone solved the question of who Ambrose's parents were? I have been searching alot and have not come up with anything as yet. I know from the census that his father was from Mississippi and his mother was from Kentucky. Also from the census Elizabeth Shepard is listed as deaf and dumb. Has anyone discovered his date of death? That is another mystery to be solved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Deb

Re: WADKINS/WATKINS

Posted: 27 Feb 2010 10:48PM GMT
Becky,
Hi! Did you ever find an answer to Ambrose Watkin's parentage or any further info on him?
I haven't yet! Let me know!
Thanks,
DEb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions