Search for content in message boards

Asa McCoy

Asa McCoy

Cullen E. Porter II (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2003 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: McCoy, Porter, Duncan
My father was C. E Porter Sr (1922-1994)
his mother was Pearl Duncan (or West) (1898-1972)
her mother was Lydia McCoy (1875-1967)
her father was Andrew Boyd McCoy (1837- ?)
his father was Asa McCoy and his father was Samuel McCoy.
Samuel's brother Daniel was the father of Randolph McCoy also known as Ole' Randle who was the father of 6 of the murdered victims by the Hatfields in that famous fued.
Any of Randolph's descendants down to my generation would be my 6th cousins.
Posted: 16 Oct 2004 10:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2004 11:26AM GMT
Surnames: McCoy

I am a 6th cousin also to Randolph McCoy, email me for info

Re: Asa McCoy

Cullen Edward Porter II (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2004 1:51AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2004 10:24AM GMT
Hi, are you descendant of Randolph's family of surviving children or are you from another of his father Daniel McCoy's siblings? I have my relation to the McCoy fued victims on the "Worldconnect.rootsweb.com" site.
my e-mail is beboe@comcast.net
Posted: 25 Feb 2005 7:36PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2005 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Hatfield, McCoy
Cullen,

I am related to the McCoy folks because my g-g-g-g grandfather, Floyd Hatfield married a McCoy, sister to Randall. Devil Anse is the grandfather of Floyd, I think.... I would like some b,d,or m for these people.

ed (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2005 3:02AM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2005 1:48PM GMT
Surnames: McCoy, Rutherford
My father's mother's mother was Lydia McCoy (1875-1967) who was the daughter of Anderson "andrew" Boyd McCoy(1837- ?) and Elizabeth "betsy" Ann Rutherford (1836-1928). these names are on many databases on the "Worldconnect.rootsweb.com" site and shows alot more relations than I can type here.
My connection with the "Fued" family comes from Andrew McCoy's father Asa McCoy (1810- ?) who's sister Sarah married her first cousin Randolph McCoy who was the father of 16 children including the sons and daughter who the Hatfields murdered in 1883 and 1888.
Check out that site, you might find out that some of your "close" ancestors were famous people.

gerald hartman (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 6:00AM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2005 3:24PM GMT
I am great grandson of big Sam samuel McCoy
I am looking for more family heritage. esp ties to any family on the dawes rolls

gerald hartman (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 6:04AM GMT
Classification: Census
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Mcoy
I can get you info on the McCoy side and a little on th hatfeild side. I am in a book on the subject my email is oldestmage@hotmail.com

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 11:55PM GMT
My Grandmother was Lydia McCoy,her daddy's name was Andrew McCoy and her mother was Betsy Ann Rutherford.I have a picture of Asa and Elenore McCoy if you are interested.My Dad is Everett Litteral he is the only child still living of Lydia.

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 12:33AM GMT
Hi, Good to here from you, I am Cullen Edward Porter Jr. born in Chicago on 1/7/1957 and living in the Chicago south suburb of Midlothian, IL since 1962. I have a B.S. degree and was working in hotel maintenance since 1994.

My father was Cullen Edward Porter Sr. (1922-1994) who worked in sheet-metal labor from 1055 to 1987.

His mother was Pearl Mae Litteral (1898-1972)
she was the only grandparent I ever met. She had a nickname of "MAA-MAW" and had 10 children total 5 boys and 5 girls. the 4 oldest are "Porters" (Carol and Marie are still living, Jake died in 1995) and the last 6 are "Hinkles" (Lois, Catherine, Bill "BEBOE", Lydia and Clyde are still alive, Troy "TED" died in 2004).

and her mother was Lydia McCoy (1876 ?-1967 ?)
She was the only great grandparent I ever met.We called her "NANO"
I am told that before Lydia married John Litteral and had 4 children, she had Pearl first by a Jessie Duncan out of wedlock.

If you know anything about Pearl's real father let me know. also I would love to have those pictures of Asa and I will send you some of me and Pearl's children. Lois' son Ron Sutton has been living here also since 1994.

I have been trying to find out if Everett was still alive, Ron, BEBOE and I seen him last in 1995 at his home in Ashland, KY. where is he living now?
Give me his address and I will send some pictures to him.
I was also told by my father that Everett had a picture of Elizabeth Ann Rutherford (1837-1928 ?) who was Lydia's mother and was better known as "betsy ann" McCoy.

Give me a listing of Everett's family (I think he had about 7 children?) I took some home movies at his house in 1995 and I could also send you a copy of that.

Thanks for the response, my e-mail is Beboe@comcast.net and my phone # (using magicjack) is 1-708-432-7303

Posted: 28 Jan 2009 1:50AM GMT
My maternal Grandmother's name was Florence Vashtie McCoy. Her father was Albert Gallitan McCoy. He was my mother's grandfather, and son of Asa McCoy.

Although my mother, who is now 88, and may not have been able to provide exact spellings and a bit unclear on a few of the names of some of her aunts, uncles and cousins; she was able to provide me with many.

I would love to see the picture of Asa, my great, great grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions