Search for content in message boards

John & Sarah Averell Wildes

John & Sarah Averell Wildes

Cheryell Averill Romere (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2004 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2004 12:32PM GMT
Surnames: Averell, Wildes, Herrick, Jacobs, Gould
Sarah (Averell) Wildes was hung as a witch as was her husband John. They had a son Ephriam who was the constable at the time. He had to arrest the Hobbs and many others, but George Herrick arrested his mother. After Sarah's death John married Mary Jacobs who he was married to when accused. His first wife prior to Sarah was Priscilla Gould. I'm most interested in any descendants of Ephriam.

Re: John & Sarah Averell Wildes

walter crean (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2004 2:56PM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2004 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Wildes, Bassett, Proctor
i have a friend in rochester, nh, that is descended from ephraim wildes, the son of john wildes and his second wife, accused/hanged witch sarah averill. i never saw any inforamtion as to john wildes being either accused or hanged in any of my research on the salem witch trials. you're confusing john wildes with john proctor, who was accused/hanged as was his wife, elizabeth (bassett) proctor in 1692, not john wildes. how could john wildes be hanged in 1692 when he married (3) <widow> mary ( mnu ) jacobs, widow to accused/hanged wizard george jacobs, sr.?

Posted: 1 Oct 2004 9:47PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Wildes, Averell
I have just come back from Salem today. John Wildes was not hung as a witch. He moved to Topsfield where he died in 1705. Most of the Averell family left Salem because of the witch hunt.

walter crean (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2004 1:16AM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2004 1:52PM GMT
Surnames: Wildes, Gould, Jacobs
i know because john wildes m/1 priscilla gould in 1645, m/2 sarah averill in 1663, and m/3 <widow> mary ( mnu ) jacobs [widow of executed warlock, george jacobs, sr.] in 1693; he had five daughters and three sons by priscilla, one son by sarah. his daughters by priscilla are sarah, phoebe, elizabeth, martha, and priscilla; his sons by priscilla are john, jr., jonathan, and nathan; and his son by sarah is ephraim (constable of topsfield at the time of the trials in 1692).

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 1:20AM GMT
hi Cheryll Walter and Joan...

bet u arent around any more but thot id send out a shout..

i am and seek "blood relatives" Sarah averill or averell?? was the grandmoter of sarah wild(e)s who married a George Start...MY DIRECT line

IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE..are my kin please email me..

i do have quite a bit of bios and genealogical links....

debstart@yahoo.com

ALL the best to all who read...thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions