Elaine

Re: George A. Robertson

Jane Robertson-Cox (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2003 2:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Feb 2003 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: ROBERTSON, WHEELER
Hi,

Do your Robertson's of Carter Co Ky have any connection to William and Nancy (Wheeler) Robertson of Carter. Their children are John James (J.J.), Elizabeth, Sarah, Permelia, Cordelia, Corrilda, Clara, and Wayne.

Jane

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: ROBERTSON/ROBERTS/ROBIRDS
Elaine, I am the great grand daughter of George A. Robertson thru my grandfather Arch Robertson.You were inquerying about George's wives. The only one I knew of was Emma Barr because she is my grandfather's mother, then once I started doing the whole family tree project I found out about the others. He actually had 2 more son's, Roy Mitchell & Bourbon,but with another wife, the only thing is I'm not sure if her name is Lizzie or if that's short for Elizabeth. Then there's Amanda Kibbey (Barris)? Then there's Elizabeth Pricy. I'm not sure what order he married these ladies in. But I do know that French is the oldest son and that's Emma's son. Well I hope this helps you out. If you have any new info. do you mind filling me in? I'm new at all this but I've got quite a bit of info. So if you need any thing else let me know & if I can help you I will.
Have a good day.
Daylene /Robertson/Lester

Posted: 4 Feb 2008 3:23AM GMT
Surnames: Barr, Robertson
Emma was the d/o Greenville and Dulcina Poe Barr. She was born about 1868. Green and Dulcina's children were:
Emily (Emma)
Luther
Belle
Addie
Rosettie(Rose) My husband's grandmother
Dulcina
In the 1880 Owen County Census, Emma, Belle and Rose were living with grandparents, William and Nancy Barr. Living with their uncle Luther and wife Matlida Barr are the other children, Luther, Addie and Dulcina. Wife Dulcina is not listed because Green has apparently remarried to a Sarah Montgomery and they are living with her father, John Montgomery. I found on familysearch that Emma Barr was married to George Robertson and I am working on the Barr line and will share what I do have.

Posted: 16 Mar 2008 12:08AM GMT
Daylene,
It would seem that George had quite a few wives and kids too! There is French, Green, Arch, Burbon,Emmitt, Duel, Maryland, and Lizzie (the only one I know her by.) Lizzie married Holt Brown. Burbon's wife was Alti, Emmitts was Nellie and Maryland died very young in a railroad accident. And there was Mitchell. There was one wife in Kings Mtn and I will get you here name at some point. You have managed to solve two mysteries with the wives. I have been searching for them for about 10 years. I would like any information on Emma Barr as she is the hardest one to find anything on and obviously she is my grandmother. Feel free to email me!

Posted: 16 Mar 2008 12:15AM GMT
You have definitely found more information than I have over the years. I think Emma passed away around 1893 but can't find where she is buried or what happened. I have also found that Green is quite the character also. I would be very interested to find out anything on this group.
Elaine

Posted: 16 Mar 2008 12:25AM GMT
Surnames: Robertson Barr
Elaine,
Email me at Criptot@aol.com
Robin

Posted: 16 Mar 2008 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: Robertson
Hello,
George Robertson & Emma Barr had 9 children together and George had 2 son's by a woman named Lizzie, I have no last name for her as of yet.
Arch, French, Emmett, Duel, Everette, Samuel better known as Green, Maryland, Lizzie & Emily.
The 2 son's with Lizzie are: Burbon & Roy Mitchell.
Georges' 3rd wife was Amanda Kibbey,I have no children for them.
Arch Robertson is my grandfather.
If I can help you with anything please feel free to email me @ missdaylene@yahoo.com - if I have info. that needs corrected or you have info.I can use contact me, please.
I have really been enjoying myself working on this family tree. Finding family all over the place. Love it.

Posted: 15 Jun 2013 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: Robertson Barr Roberts
I had a copy of a picture of George A Robertson and French's family. I remember French, Roy Mitchell and Burbon. My grandmother was French's oldest daughter born in 1909. French's youngest son & daughter are still living here in Kings Mountain KY. French married Mary Roberts in Greenup Co. My grandmother described the move to Lincoln Co and that they left George's Confederate uniform and perhaps a sabre in a trunk in Greenup Co. CSA records show him in the Confederate 9th, formerly the 5th Ky. Mounted infantry. This was a part of the "Orphan Brigade" or the 1st Kentucky. I never heard that Emma Barr was not Uncle Mitchell and Burbon's mother. Or maybe I heard it and have forgotten. I believe George's last wife was an old Indian woman and she cared for him as he was old. Before this, though he was married briefly to another lady and they had it annulled. Thus if Roy Mitchell and Burbon's mother was not Emma Barr then George A. married 4 times!

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 5:01AM GMT
Are you the grandson of Clara? I am Ruth ( her sister), granddaughter. I believe that you may be related to Fama and Charlotte? I am very close to them and I also know Gene and Janet. Yes G.A married several times and we are not sure how many. George was not a member of the CSA but his father Sam was and I have heard that he was married to an indian.. Emma Barr is our gggrandmother and the mother of French, Arch, Green, and lizzie. Mitchell and Burbons mother was Amanda Kibbey and Duel, Emmet, and Maryland. Aunt Nellie, Emmets wife is still alive and lives in Kings Mtn. We have a cousin, George Robertson Jr. who has researched quite a bit on the family. He is Uncle Green's grandson. I would be happy to share information with you and see what stories you have heard and what pictures you have of the family. My email is ecampbell@zoomtown.com. Thanks for answering my queries and hope to hear from you soon! My name is Elaine Campbell, Janet would probably remember me!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions