Search for content in message boards

A long lost sister

A long lost sister

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lorden, Graham, Winsor
Looking for help in finding a long lost sister who was in foster care.
Seeking Rosemary Anne Lorden, born November 5, 1945, was in Brockport in 1960 and then may have attended Spencerport High School. Have located the other sister and brother at last! Now just one missing! Any help would be greatly appreciated, have exhausted all available resources.
Thank you!

Re: A long lost sister

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 7:09PM GMT
I'm afraid I don't have information but did want to wish you well in finding your other sister.

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 5:39PM GMT
Have any of the siblings any ideas of Rosemary's whereabouts? I checked SSDI & Family Search w/ no luck so she must still be alive somewhere - have you checked Marriage Records at Monroe County? Did she go to Brockport State now SUNY Brockport by chance? I checked www.fultonhistory.com - a super collection of Newspaper articles & there are hundreds of articles re:the Lordens, including the articles re: the foster care assignments. Have you contacted the Monroe County Library? They are a super source of help -don't give up, keep on trying! Resp, GJM Messmer

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 2:17PM GMT
Thank you so much for the response. I have checked all of that and more, no siblings have no Idea as they were all separated ( one sibling is deceased), marriage records are not public until they are 50 years old, so I have to get to the archives in Monroe County, but no idea if she married in NYS. Was hoping to find someone who remembers her form high school. I do know that she was in Brockport for 8th grade in1960. She was also at Hillside several times. Still hoping for a break thru!

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 3:47PM GMT
If you have a compassionate reason to try to locate your family loved ones could not Hillside join in your search to help you reunite your family? If you are in the Rochester area or not too far away I believe it is worth a try to visit their HQ & make your case personally -they must have at least some clue. Hillside is a private enterprise I believe and not a State facility where red tape is a beaut.In asking Hillside for an interview by letter could you have someone help you with the "legalese" if necessary? Resp, GJ Messmer

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 7:18PM GMT
Working on that aspect, Hillside is tied to the Monroe County Dept of Health and Human Services. Still hoping to find someone who remembers her from high school and may still be in contact.

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 9:01PM GMT
I went to Brockport High School and was a year behind your sister. I did not know her, but I looked her up in the 1960 yearbook and found this picture. I did not find her in 1961, either in Brockport or Spencerport. I found this at Classmates.com. Best of luck with your search.
Attachments:

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 11:10PM GMT
Thank you! Feels like I'm getting close with all the help! So hoping to find her soon!

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 4:16PM GMT
you are getting closer! don't give up -she is a beautiful person - have you tried the High School records of where she lived while attending School? Any teachers still alive that may have known her? how about other students listed in that picture? Look them up on White pages, especially the boys(the boys' last names should still be the same) & call them -they might have a clue like what boy may have dated her & maybe even later married her. Keep on going, don't ghive up! Resp GJ Messmer

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 9:04PM GMT
I took the liberty of looking in White Pages phone numbers for the Brockport Area Code 585 using several of the boys' names in that School Picture: Bruce Hettler is listed at (585)584-3063; there are (2) ph. numbers for Robert Stock:(585)383-0103 & (585)657-4254; Gary Krieger is listed at (585)637-7821 -there were too many James Coopers & David Browns but a James Cooper is listed in area(585)293-2407; a David Brown was listed in that area(585)5944161 --A Ronald Bopp still lives in Brockport on Beach Street but I could not find a number for him -but maybe a letter might reach him - those are the boys I found in that YearBook for Brockpoprt - Resp, GJ Messmer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions