Search for content in message boards

Mary O'CONNELL Clark d. 1970 Rochester NY

Mary O'CONNELL Clark d. 1970 Rochester NY

Posted: 4 May 2013 7:50AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Clark,Cox,Haw
I have found the following death record on fultonhistory.com "Mary O'Connell Clark died July 13 1970 3500 East Ave Rochester , New York".

I am hoping she is my great aunt of this name, born 1 August 1885 in Ireland. She was married to my paternal gt uncle William Matthew Clark born 1883 in Yorkshire England.

I am trying to ascertain if the Mary O'Connell Clark listed in the newspaper was my relative, and if so, how I would go about finding a Will or any other information about her which I have been unable to find so far via Ancestry or Stevemorse.
thank you very much
Diane Worth
Norwich, England.

Re: Mary O'CONNELL Clark d. 1970 Rochester NY

Posted: 4 May 2013 11:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 May 2013 2:28PM GMT
I checked the suburban directory for Pittsford NY (which is where 3500 East Ave. actually is). It is a restaurant and has been at least since 1930. So someone dying there isn't correct. There is the Rochester Friendly Home at 3156 East Ave which is a type of nursing home. The Rochester Library Life Records page has an index entry: CLARK, MARY O'CONNELL. died 7/13/1970 notice in TU 7/14/1970. Wills are at the County Surrogate Court, but there is a proviso: from [http://mcnygenealogy.com/resource.htm]
Research rates: By mail - $90 per search and 25¢ per copy. In person - search for free and paper copies are 25 cents (film copies $1).

The LDS Family History Library has filmed the index to all Surrogate Court records through 1970 and they also filmed the wills from 1821 - 1901 but they did not film the entire file. Search for available records at the Family Search website.

Have you determined if the couple lived in Rochester or elsewhere?

Posted: 5 May 2013 2:24AM GMT
I don't know what year it was but, several streets, East being one, were renumbered. This is not uncommon in cities. You might want to check the city directories in the front for such information.

Posted: 7 May 2013 12:03PM GMT
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply to this query, and for your kind advice.
I will follow up as you suggest and will post how I get on!
best wishes,
Diane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions