CHARITY COPELAND married to FRED COLLINS
FRANK COPELAND
MYRTLE COPELAND
LaVINIA COPELAND married to JONES GEYER
GEORGE COPELAND married to ANN FULK
JOSIAH COPELAND married to MALINDA HENDERSON
RUTH COPELAND
MEVINA COPELAND
They all lived in Platte County, Missouri between 1860-1897.
Thank you for any help,
Marilyn

Re: MISSOURI COPELAND'S

Posted: 11 Jan 2003 4:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: Copeland and Ruble
I had a great aunt named Eliza Copeland who had a daughter named Elizabeth and a son named John. She had a sister-in-law named Fannie Copeland. Eliza was married to John H. Copeland in Texas but was a widow in the 1890's. I have not been able to find any ancestors of these Copelands from Texas. Her brother-in-law, Frederick Copeland married Matilde Ruble in Missouri. Are these your Copelands?

Marilyn Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2003 7:57PM GMT
I have a John H. Copeland born 1845 in Missouri, and Eliza Copeland married to W.T. Hancock. Frederick Copeland doesn't ring any bells. If any of the others sound familiar let me know and maybe I can help.
Marilyn

Posted: 3 Feb 2003 11:31AM GMT
Sorry it has taken me so long to answer. Your John is the wrong one. My Frederick married Matilda Ruble from Ilamo, Missouri in the 1890's. Haven't found any information on him in Missouri. Thanks, Kathy

t david swafford (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Swafford,Wade,McCain Copeland,Olvis
Malinda Adaline Copeland born-oct,8 ,1872.died april 11,1958 married George Denver McClain Her farther Joel Copeland BORN1790 DIED FEB,9,1910 MOTHER Sarah Olvis born 1845 d jan.1 1931

Charles H. Kirk Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 7:19AM GMT
Surnames: Copeland (Kirk)
Marilyn...I am looking for a Copeland too. I have found in the 1900 Census, my gggrandmother--- Louisa Elsering Copeland was married to William Henry Kirk, my gggrandfather...I did not see her listed with the names you wanted...but thought I would give what info I have as of now...I don't live very far from where they lived (Pattensburg Missouri). If I can help with any other info...e-mail me...

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 11:59AM GMT
Surnames: Copeland and Ruble
Dear Marilyn,
Those names didn't ring a bell. My grandfather Frederick(Fred) Copeland married a Matilda (Tillie) Ruble from Ilamo, Missouri in the early 1890's. Her father was Phillip Ruble and his father was Thomas Copeland. Thanks, Kathy

Posted: 6 May 2003 6:31AM GMT
Kathy,
Are your Copelands connected in anyway to the John and Fannie Copeland of Platte Co. Missouri. They lived there in the 1800's and later on in the 1900's lived in Leavenworth, Kansas although they are buried in cemeteries in Platte Co., Missouri. Fannie's parents were George and Malinda Elam of Platte Co.
Tom

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2003 11:51AM GMT
Surnames: Copeland
I have been watching the conversations of Missouri Copelands. My great great grandfather was William Copeland and he came to Pettis Co. MO 1859; then moved to Cedar Co. MO by 1870 and to Saline Co. MO by 1880 where both he and his wife Elizabeth T. (Corn) Copeland died in 1888. William Copeland had a son by his first marriage by the name of Oliver Copeland and he settled in St. Clair Co. MO. They all moved from Franklin Co. VA. This is information in case you run on to these and wonder who and where they come from.....but if you can fit them into your family I would definitely be interested.

It appears that William Copeland was an only child (rare in those days) and by all I have been able to find he was son of Baldwin Copeland. Our family legand says that Baldwin Copeland moved from the state of Georgia to Virginia which you would think was backward....but from all the digging I have come up with it looks like Baldwin Copeland married his 1st cousin Elizabeth Stockton. I am still trying to prove this so if any of you have run into this branch I would very much be interested.

Thanks for listening.

Sheila

Marilyn Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2003 8:46PM GMT
My gr. gr. gr. grandfather was John Copeland from Saline County Missouri. He was married to Mary Gwinn, also from Saline County. In all of my searching it looks like the Platte County Copeland's are related somehow to the Saline County Copeland's. I know that some were cousins to my gr. gr. grandfather, Joel Copeland. I will be more than happy to share any information that I have.
Marilyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic