Search for content in message boards

Story editor ignores spacing

Story editor ignores spacing

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 2:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
The story editor still ignores spacing between paragraphs and clumps everything together in a text block.

I thought this was a thing of the past. But I just looked at a story I entered a week ago. Solid block of type.

I edited the story -- deleted and re-added the spaces. It worked that time.

Re: Story editor ignores spacing

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 2:56PM GMT
Perhaps our multifaceted board administrator could advise on that frustrating formatting problem, since he also has a tech background.

Any ideas RWAdmin?

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 2:55PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2013 10:07PM GMT
Noticed the same issues, beginning last summer, when entering or editing stories while using IE (Internet Explorer). Also, all previously added stories had become run-together.

Open Ancestry.com in Google Chrome instead. When you add new stories, the spacing stays put.

To revise old stories that have become a run-together mess:

1) Start a 'new' story using Google Chrome.
2) Re-copy the text from your genealogy program, paste into the story editor, save. Check to be sure it saved properly.
3) Delete the old run-together story (you'll spend way too much time adding spaces back into the content)

Note: This will NOT correct any browser difficulties being experienced at Ancestry - it is simply one way to correct your (own) personal "stories" so that they are readable again.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 3:46PM GMT
Thanks!

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 7:56PM GMT
This is a known issue and is currently being worked on.

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 8:08PM GMT
HowmanymoreYEARSdoyousupposethiswilltake?

Posted: 14 Jun 2013 3:21AM GMT
LOL, crack me up! Well said.

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 11:58AM GMT
What fresh hell is this:
Attachments:

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 2:12PM GMT
"What fresh hell is this..."

ACOM is absolutely mired in fundamental, ancient text formatting technology and they'd rather expend programmer resources on worthless bells and whistles.

Somebody in management needs to take those with web presentation responsibility by the lapels and drag them, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions