Search for content in message boards

Richard Wright, Sr and Richard Wright, Jr. Families

Richard Wright, Sr and Richard Wright, Jr. Families

Posted: 21 Nov 2010 7:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wright
I am descended from Richard Wright, Sr. and 'Ann' [surname after 200+ years still unknown].

Son: Richard, Jr. married (1) Nancy Morgan in 1880 Randolph County, NC. They had 12 children [6 sons/6 daughters] including a set of twins. I have identified and information on 11 of them.

Richard, Jr. married (2) Caroline Kittrell [often seen as Kara or Cary - so named in 1840 census; but believe her name was Caroline because of 2 granddaughter's names]. They, too, supposedly had 12 children [6 sons/6 daughters]. I have identified 6 sons/3 daughters, one of which is my GGM, Mary Ann

Will be happy to share all information on this family.

Re: Richard Wright, Sr and Richard Wright, Jr. Families

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 6:40PM GMT
Hi Shirley,
You and I have exchanged messages in the past regarding the connection between the Wright and Powell families. The common denominator being Richard/Nancy. I am trying to become a member of DAR and need absolute proof that she was his wife ( I have a marriage bond copy that lists her name misspelled as Wight, and that won't cut it with the DAR. Do you happen to be a member or have any further proof that I may be able to use?
Thanks for any help.
Shelby Powell

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 6:59PM GMT
So much for my 'excellent memory'. DId you mean Nancy [wife] or Nancy [daughter]

The only I have on Richard Wright, Jr. and wife, Nancy Morgan is a marriage bond/document signed in 1780 at http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/11540201/person/-442565578/ph...

That marriage document should be sufficient in any court.

Our earlier discussion was about the 'other Nancy' - daughter of the above - when I was trying to determine that she was the one who married Mr. Powell. No luck there, but used the info from a son's d/c to indicate that probability - looks like someone started to write Wright and mixed the spelling with White. So, no proof.

is the DAR worth the hassle.... :)

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 2:26AM GMT
NO!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions