Search for content in message boards

John WILKINSON JR 1820 Springhill Twp., Fayette Co. PA

John WILKINSON JR 1820 Springhill Twp., Fayette Co. PA

H. Andrew BROWN (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 3:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILKINSON
Seek to identify descendants of John WILKINSON JR last residing in Springhill Twp., Fayette Co. PA with at least three sons and equal number of daughters born between 1800-20. John SR had resided in Springhill Twp. since c1780.

H. Andrew BROWN
habraun2@netscape.net
habraun@eudoramail.com

Re: John WILKINSON JR 1820 Springhill Twp., Fayette Co. PA

Posted: 1 Dec 2001 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2006 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Wilkinson, Lewis, McCleary
I have Thomas Wilkinson with wife Prudence Lewis at Connellsville, Fayette County, PA about 1811-12 from poss. Delaware. They had two children before Prudence died (Francis Lewis and Susan Gibson). McCleary family genealogy, quoted in Crumrine "History of Washington County, Pennsylvania." says that Susan Gibson was raised by a Wilkinson uncle at Hillsboro, PA but I have no further details. She married William McCleary 17 Jan 1836 at Hillsboro and had three children. Refer also to John W. Jordan "Genealogical and Personal History of Fayette and Greene Counties," vol. 1, pg. 268: "William Lilly Wilkenson, the first member of this family about whom we have definite information, was born in Delaware, Dec. 2, 1800; died in Brownsville, Fayette Co., Sept. 11, 1881. In 1826 he removed from Smyrna, Kent County, Delaware to Brownsville where he was a prominent citizen from the first. . ." more, including info about children Elizabeth, John (maybe yours?), Rebecca, George, Mary, William, Thomas, Wesley, Sarah. I have no definite connection but possibly the same family and maybe your connection. Francis Lewis is my ancestor and I am searching for any connections in Fayette County, how Thomas and Prudence came to be there, who the relatives were, etc. Any info you have would be appreciated.

Thomas & Prudence WILKINSON

H. Andrew BROWN (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2001 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: WILKINSON, LONG
I have been following John WILKINSON who resided in Springhill Twp., Fayette Co. PA as early as 1780. He seems to have had sons: Thomas, John, and William. Thomas dies c1805 and leaves a widow, Sarah LONG, living in Greene and Dunkard Twp. of Greene Co. PA. John remains in Springhill Twp., Fayette Co. PA till 1820 when he disappears. William appears in Dunkard Twp., Greene Co. PA by 1820 and seems to have been father of Thomas who dies in Dunkard Twp. after a brief marriage to Sarah HUNT d/o Jonas.

The WILKINSON'S you refer to seem to be non-related WILKINSON'S that settled in Fayette Co. PA and I do not have any information on them other than what you have.

H. Andrew BROWN
habraun2@netscape.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions