Search for content in message boards

Tofaeono, Leiataua (Manono), Fuamatu (Fagalii), Seiuli

Tofaeono, Leiataua (Manono), Fuamatu (Fagalii), Seiuli

Posted: 11 Nov 2007 7:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tofaeono, Leiataua (Manono), Fuamatu (Fagalii), Seiuli
I am trying to put together a family tree for my dad's family. These are the family names he gave me to start with. His mom's name was Leli'a (she was a Tofaeono) from Moamoa and Vaiala village, her siblings were Mita'i and Lia'i. Dad thinks my granny's dad's taulealea name was Toa. Grandma Leli'a was also a Leiataua from Manono and a Fuamatu from Fagalii as well as a Seiuli. I think her sister Lia'i was supposed to have been married to a gentleman from the Stowers family. Grandma married my grandfather Falo Faigata Tiumalu from the village of Fagatogo in American Samoa. My father's name is Falo Falo Tiumalu. Our family has grown much would like to prep something for the upcoming generations. Faafetai tele fesoasoani mai.

Re: Tofaeono, Leiataua (Manono), Fuamatu (Fagalii), Seiuli

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 6:34PM GMT
Surnames: SAMATAUA, TIUMALU, TOA
Talofa/Hello:

"Grandma married my grandfather Falo Faigata Tiumalu from the village of Fagatogo in American Samoa."

Found per www.familysearch.org*:

Falo TIUMALU
b.1896 Fagatogo,Maoputasi,Tutuila, , Samoa, Pacific Islands
m.1921 Fagatogo, Tutuila Island, Samoa, Pacific Islands
d.1940 Fagatogo,Maoputasi,Tutuila, , Samoa, Pacific Islands
parents: Faigata TIUMALU & Taitai SAMATAUA (this couple married in 1893 Laulii, Upolu Island, Samoa, Pacific Islands)

Leli'a TOA
b.1898 Abt 1900 Moata'A Upolu, Samoa, Pacific Islands
m.1921 Fagatogo, Tutuila Island, Samoa, Pacific Islands
d.1971 Upolu, , Samoa, Pacific Islands
parents: TOA & Mrs. TOA (to really find this couple try to get more info from elders in your aiga/Family; if TOA is a matai title there has to be oral history regarding what the original surnames is/was before TOA.)

*It is suggested that the source listed above is **only used** as a reference to further your research.

Data from FamilySearch can be confusing if not over-flowingly abundant. It is your decision to verify and confirm all sources (depending on how accurate your family tree is presented to others now and in the future).

I did find a marriage:

William CRICHTON m.1906 Mitai (no surname listed) Asau,Savaii, , Samoa, Pacific Islands

I will check more on Mita'i and Lia'i as I do not find them listed under TOA.

Let me know your thoughts.

Fa'afetai/Thanks!

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Posted: 3 Apr 2008 2:41AM GMT
Hi there,
Sorry for being blues just cruising through the website and saw a Fuamatu(fagalii) im Veilo Fuamatu Fetui granddaughter from Australia my grandfather married to my grandma Moe Fetui which is my fathers(Faitasia) parents.

Bye bye

Ashley

Posted: 3 Apr 2008 10:49AM GMT
aloha veilo,

I'm sorta grasping at straws here, before my dad passed on he asked that I look up his mom's side in fagalii, her mother was a fuamatu, my grandma's name was Leli'a and her siblings were Lia'i and gotta look up the brother again. They were from Vaiala and Magiagi area. My grandma married my granddad who was from Fagatogo in American Samoa and his mom was from Lotofaga. If you wuld like my e addy is margaretlogotaeao@yahoo.com ... I live in Hawaii.

thx for e-mailing, fagalii is a small village it wouldn't surprise me if you are relative. blessings

Posted: 4 Apr 2008 1:17AM GMT
Malo Suga

Thanks for writing back! I've got family in Hawaii and American Samoa from Tafua. I dont really much about my dad aiga honestly typical palagi for me aye i know my Grandfather had the title Fuamatu in the village(Fagalii), Do you know any Peau Family?

Here is my email address aswell ashley.veilo@yahoo.com hehe never know we could be related and dont know we are =). Ive got a man from Fagalii aswell his family name is Faaliga . but yeah keep intouch ill update you with my family tree
Take care godbless .

Ashley

Posted: 7 Apr 2008 3:03AM GMT
HI MY NAME IS GRACE TAFAO(MY MAIDEN NAME) I WAS SEARCHING UP ON MY GRANDFATHERS FAMILY HISTORY. AND I CAME ACROSS YOUR BULLETIN. MY GRANDFATHERS NAME IS IA FALO AND HE IS TIUMALU AS WELL.HE IS MARRIED TO MY GRANDMOTHER MALALOA FALO AND HIS MOTHER AND FATHERS NAME FITS WHAT YOU POSTED. HE HAD AN OLDER SISTER THAT HAD PAST NAMED TAIUTA. AND HE HAD A SISTER NAMED TAI AS WELL. HIS BROTHERS NAMES WERE FUATA, FALO(WHO HAD JUST RECENTLY PASSED), AND I'M NOT SURE WHAT THE OTHERS WERE BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS THE SAME FAMILY. MY GRANDFATHER ASLO TOLD ME THAT HE AND HIS FAMILY USED TO RUN A TAXI SERVICE CALLED "THE FIVE STAR" I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE NAME BUT IT WAS CLOSE TO IT, WAY BACK IN THE DAY. BUT IF THIS IS THE SAME FAMILY CAN YOU PLEASE CONTACT ME.MY GRANDFATHER WAS ASKING ME IF I COULD FIND A PICTURE OF HIS SITER NAMED TAIUTA, BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE OF HER. IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU SOO MUCH AND GOD BLESS. MY EMAIL IS GRACETAFAO12@YAHOO.COM

Posted: 1 Feb 2009 7:21AM GMT
Hi my name is Eseta.Tufaina.Leiataua born in American Samoa In the Village of Fagatogo and My Mothers Name Is Tafaimatagi.Leiataua She was Born In Western Samoa At the Island Of Manono Im Just Trying to Figure out My Familys Geneology and All About my Families

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: Scanlan, Tufaina, Leiataua
Talofa/Hello:

Are you connected with the surname SCANLAN of Tutuila? And are you connected to the islands of Niue and/or Tokelau re TUFAINA?

Is LEIATAUA original birth name or a matai title in your tina/Mom's aiga/Family?

Fa'afetai tele/Thanks!

--Manaia

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Peter Sua Falo
Hi my name is Peter Sua Falo. I read what you posted up and I think we might be related. My dads name is Pele Pati Falo his mom is from manono and his dad is from a village that starts with a F. My mothers name is Tile Leiataua (im not shure if I spelled her last name right) and both of her parents are from manono. My parents are not together no more. If we are related I would like to know more about the family. Right now we all live in Salt Lake City,Utah.

Posted: 9 Jul 2011 5:13PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 4 Feb 2014 10:40PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions